Which one to sell...?

Aug 22, 2014
Hi Ladies, hope everyone is doing well and happy 2017!
I have decided to switch up my bag collection a bit so My MK Jet Set Crossbody in Pale Pink and my Large Selma in Dark Khaki are listed on eBay! I'm also wondering about selling either my Blush Selma messenger or my Jet Set Crossbody in Dark Dune. I do use both these bags at different times of the year though so am a bit hesitant to list them. Which one would you guys keep and what would you list? I want to trade some of these with SHW bags so maybe a Jet Set Crossbody in Cinder is an option....

Hi Ladies, hope everyone is doing well and happy 2017!
I have decided to switch up my bag collection a bit so My MK Jet Set Crossbody in Pale Pink and my Large Selma in Dark Khaki are listed on eBay! I'm also wondering about selling either my Blush Selma messenger or my Jet Set Crossbody in Dark Dune. I do use both these bags at different times of the year though so am a bit hesitant to list them. Which one would you guys keep and what would you list? I want to trade some of these with SHW bags so maybe a Jet Set Crossbody in Cinder is an option....
If I were to sell a bag, I would sell the one I use the least or one I no longer love. Good luck.

Reactions: DiamondsForever
I sold four bags so far. I loved either the look of the bags or colors when I first got these but after quite some time realized they're not practical for me. If I don't see myself carrying these bags anymore I'd better let them go. There are some I feel hesitant so I give myself more time before making a decision...

If I were to sell a bag, I would sell the one I use the least or one I no longer love. Good luck.

I sold four bags so far. I loved either the look of the bags or colors when I first got these but after quite some time realized they're not practical for me. If I don't see myself carrying these bags anymore I'd better let them go. There are some I feel hesitant so I give myself more time before making a decision...

Good thoughts ladies. Where have you sold your bags CNY? I'm using eBay. Market for used bags seems a little slow. The Pale Pink Jet Set Crossbody has a bid now which is exciting! I am happy to let this one go as I prefer the Blush pink and didn't reach for Pale Pink at all last summer.
I've taken the photos of the Blush and Dark Dune so they might go up soon as well! I think I'd like to replace the Dark Dune Jet Set Crossbody with one in Cinder.

The Selma messenger and jet set crossbody bags never made it on my list of wants, so I can't comment on which to sell. However, I agree with cdtracing. I wouldn't sell unless you are no longer using the bag. Since you still use both at different times of the year, I'd keep both, but that's just my humble opinion. There are only a few bags in my collection that I haven't used in ages, but that's because either they need a repair or are some of my higher end bags that only come out of the closet on rare occasions. You mentioned you're looking for bags with silver hardware. Are you focused on a bag in the silver/grey color range or branching out to other colors?

The Selma messenger and jet set crossbody bags never made it on my list of wants, so I can't comment on which to sell. However, I agree with cdtracing. I wouldn't sell unless you are no longer using the bag. Since you still use both at different times of the year, I'd keep both, but that's just my humble opinion. There are only a few bags in my collection that I haven't used in ages, but that's because either they need a repair or are some of my higher end bags that only come out of the closet on rare occasions. You mentioned you're looking for bags with silver hardware. Are you focused on a bag in the silver/grey color range or branching out to other colors?
Hey Ubo! Hope you're well hon? I spied the Jet Set Crossbody in Cinder last time I was in London and really liked the way it looked with my black winter coat (I wear quite a bit of black) I wear all silver toned Jewellery so SHW goes with my look more. I'm drawn to Cinder as a year round neutral for a small bag.
I also really loved the Sloan Editor bag. Been looking for a not too big, smart black bag I can either wear Crossbody or as a shoulder bag so I think this could work.

My medium Selma's in Blush, Black with Silver studs and DD are definitely staying.

Going to see how I feel about the Blush messenger once Pale Pink is sold. I wish I'd brought a Jet Set Crossbody in Blush, that would have been a keeper!

Hey Ubo! Hope you're well hon? I spied the Jet Set Crossbody in Cinder last time I was in London and really liked the way it looked with my black winter coat (I wear quite a bit of black) I wear all silver toned Jewellery so SHW goes with my look more. I'm drawn to Cinder as a year round neutral for a small bag.
I also really loved the Sloan Editor bag. Been looking for a not too big, smart black bag I can either wear Crossbody or as a shoulder bag so I think this could work.

My medium Selma's in Blush, Black with Silver studs and DD are definitely staying.

Going to see how I feel about the Blush messenger once Pale Pink is sold. I wish I'd brought a Jet Set Crossbody in Blush, that would have been a keeper!
Hi DF! If you wear a lot of black, then cinder will look great with your outfits and your winter coat!!! I almost got a cinder Hamilton tote strictly because of the shw, but it was too close in color to my dark dune Hamilton tote, so I had to pass. Cinder looks fabulous with the shw. However, if you plan to match cinder against other grey clothing, be careful. It isn't a true grey...more of a grey with purple/mauve undertones. I think we discussed this way back when I got my large heather grey Selma and was matching it with my grey suede ankle boots. :smile:

So do you think you'll go with cinder or black (i.e., black Sloan Editor bag)?
DH is no help! He really likes Large Dark Khaki Selma. Says it's a classic work bag and should keep and enjoy!
I agree with your DH on this one, but do you use it? If not, then sell it.

Reactions: cdtracing
Good thoughts ladies. Where have you sold your bags CNY? I'm using eBay. Market for used bags seems a little slow. The Pale Pink Jet Set Crossbody has a bid now which is exciting! I am happy to let this one go as I prefer the Blush pink and didn't reach for Pale Pink at all last summer.
I've taken the photos of the Blush and Dark Dune so they might go up soon as well! I think I'd like to replace the Dark Dune Jet Set Crossbody with one in Cinder.

I sold them on eBay too back in November then bought medium Ava in cinder (love this color with shw). I also got phone crossbody in cinder but this crossbody is really small I returned it. I love both DD and cinder they are easy to pair with my outfits but love cinder a little more, looks great with black.

Month after thanksgiving and Christmas shopping that could be the reason why the market is slow. Good luck on selling!

Don't mean to hi-jack this post, but what would be a good starting bid to sell a large (black) selma in good condition?
Best thing to do is research Ebay & other resale sites to see what the Large Selma in good condition is selling for to see where you need to price it. Resale market is dependent on what a buyer is willing to pay for a preowned bag. And it depends on the condition of the bag...stains, wear, any kind of defect. Good luck.

Hello ladies, hope everyone is having a nice weekend? To update, both the Pale Pink Jet Set Crossbody and Dark Khaki Large Selma have gone safely to new owners who both love them. I had very positive eBay feedback. I even advised the DK buyer to store the bag handles up loosely tied with ribbon (this works for me) and put the ribbon in I've been using. (She probably thought I was a crazy bag lady but hey....!:biggrin:)
After postage, Pay Pal and eBay fees I have freed up the ££ equivalent of $250 which I'm pleased about. Better than it sitting unused in my wardrobe, especially as we have finally sold our house and found a new one to move to after so long!
It's nice to think these bags are being loved and used by someone else.
I am enjoying weighing up what I'll use the money on next. I'm now down to 5 MK bags which feels like a more sensible number. These are medium Selma's in Black with Silver studs, DD and Blush. A Selma messenger in Blush with gold studs and a Jet Set Crossbody in DD. Must take a new family photo!
@ubo22 I will stick to neutral colours with SHW with the new bag, can't see me branching out into brights! Off to London in 2 weeks for a Valentine / Bday date with DH so hopefully some nice options will be in for Spring.

Glad to hear everything worked out & your selling experience was positive on Ebay. It's nice to know someone else will be enjoying the bags; they're meant to be enjoyed & not just sitting around. Congratulations on selling your house & finding a new one. Such wonderful new beginnings! Enjoy your Birthday/ Valentine trip to London with hopefully lots of shopping opportunities!

Hello ladies, hope everyone is having a nice weekend? To update, both the Pale Pink Jet Set Crossbody and Dark Khaki Large Selma have gone safely to new owners who both love them. I had very positive eBay feedback. I even advised the DK buyer to store the bag handles up loosely tied with ribbon (this works for me) and put the ribbon in I've been using. (She probably thought I was a crazy bag lady but hey....!:biggrin:)
After postage, Pay Pal and eBay fees I have freed up the ££ equivalent of $250 which I'm pleased about. Better than it sitting unused in my wardrobe, especially as we have finally sold our house and found a new one to move to after so long!
It's nice to think these bags are being loved and used by someone else.
I am enjoying weighing up what I'll use the money on next. I'm now down to 5 MK bags which feels like a more sensible number. These are medium Selma's in Black with Silver studs, DD and Blush. A Selma messenger in Blush with gold studs and a Jet Set Crossbody in DD. Must take a new family photo!
@ubo22 I will stick to neutral colours with SHW with the new bag, can't see me branching out into brights! Off to London in 2 weeks for a Valentine / Bday date with DH so hopefully some nice options will be in for Spring.
Hey DF, glad to hear you had a successful sales process for your bags. Congratulations on your new house! So you're sticking with your neutrals...let us know what you track down in London in the next couple weeks. Have fun on your date and shopping! :smile: