Tips for Noe closure

Dec 11, 2006
I love the lilac color of my epi petit noe but it's such a PITA to open and close (I even use a bandeau) that I haven't used it in years.

Any tips to make it easier? Anyone add something to help keep the closure stay in place like many other non LV drawstring bags?

There are several tutorials online that present different options for tying your Noé drawstring for easy opening and closing.

Also, I think that I remember some tPF members buying a sliding leather piece to avoid the knot. You might find these pics in the Noé clubhouse.

I just do a double loop. Easy enough for me. And I love the knot look on the Noé! (Well mine is a Noé Marin, but same thing.)
IMG_1160.JPG

There are several tutorials online that present different options for tying your Noé drawstring for easy opening and closing.

Also, I think that I remember some tPF members buying a sliding leather piece to avoid the knot. You might find these pics in the Noé clubhouse.

I just do a double loop. Easy enough for me. And I love the knot look on the Noé! (Well mine is a Noé Marin, but same thing.)
View attachment 3574243

Thanks Fab! Can you help direct me where I can find such tutorials? YouTube? What key words would you suggest?

I'll try posting and searching in the clubhouse too. I have trouble finding stuff sometimes since it's a lot of pages ha!

Thanks Fab! Can you help direct me where I can find such tutorials? YouTube? What key words would you suggest?

I'll try posting and searching in the clubhouse too. I have trouble finding stuff sometimes since it's a lot of pages ha!
I would start with "how to tie your Noé" and see what comes up in videos. I watched a couple this morning because your thread made me curious to see what others do!

Really? Even after all this time? Would I have to go into a store or call customer service? It was from the 1990s, although I bought it much later.
I think the original "Lila" color was introduced in 2000 and discontinued in 2003. I would go to a store and ask to send a request on your behalf. Someone bought a Tassil (yellow) drawstring a few months ago and that was also a color discontinued in 2003. So it is entirely possible that your Lila drawstring is still available from Paris. You gotta try it!

I think the original "Lila" color was introduced in 2000 and discontinued in 2003. I would go to a store and ask to send a request on your behalf. Someone bought a Tassil (yellow) drawstring a few months ago and that was also a color discontinued in 2003. So it is entirely possible that your Lila drawstring is still available from Paris. You gotta try it!

Thank you!

Reactions: fabuleux

Do you think it's more likely at a flagship store or it shouldn't matter? Another store is closer to me.