**Selling/consigning** with Fashionphile

Thinking about starting a new thread where we post our own goodies that we hope to sell to TPF members. Was wondering if that would be a good idea and if it's allowed here. Thanks in advance for feedback from others.

Sorry, but we do not allow and buying/selling on tPF to keep things happy and friendly here, free of opportunists and scammers.

Last edited:
I sent 22 quotes to Fashionphile yesterday. There were some shoes and some LV bags (popular styles like Artsy and Speedy). I used to sell them stuff before, but now they didn't accept ANY of my items. Not cool of them:sad: Maybe they thought it's a fraud because of too many quotes or maybe they saw my items on my eBay page and again thought that something's not clear here. Did anyone have such experience?
From what I understand if you are a reseller or they believe you to be a reseller they will decline all your quotes.

I know I always say good things about them, but fashionphile just surprised even me who thinks highly of them.

I submitted an item for a quote today and received one a whole 6 minutes later. And much higher than I expected too.

Someone in that department was sitting at their computer and on the ball today.

Reactions: GoldengirlNY
I have had 0 luck with FP and Yoogis. All of my quotes have been insulting but the worst one was a couple weeks ago for a mini Gucci Jackie bag that had been used once and they told me they'd like to put it on their eBay outlet for 90.00. I paid 560.00 for it over a year ago! I declined the offer and finally two weeks later someone on Tradesy bit and I ended up with 394.00 after Tradesy fees. Yeah, I still lost money, but I'm glad it FINALLY sold (I'd been trying to get rid of it and lowering the price gradually for a year) and for way closer to what I paid.

I'm peeved that they would not accept any of my leather Tiffany goods though! :sad:

Hi everyone I'm new to letting go of my bags and has anyone used this site? I sent them pics of my Chanel bag and they quoted me 800 buy out. I bought my bag from a American Cancer Society thrift sale for $30. I have only used it like 6 times since buying it,but apart of me doesn't want to let it go because "it's Chanel" [emoji848] but it's basically collecting dust. What your guys opinion or input? Itd be greatly appreciated

It depends what bag it is.....resale value varies greatly depending on whether it is one of the classics/sort after bags or a seasonal bag - plus age and condition play a role too. $800 doesn't sound bad especially as you only paid $30!!! (shame the charity didn't know how much it was worth as it could have made them a lot of money!). If you're not going to use it then I would think the money is better than it sitting in the closet. Sites like Fashionphile take quite a high percentage so you're always going to get less than selling it yourself on other resale sites but if you don't want the hassle then they are a good option.

Reactions: lexig07
It depends what bag it is.....resale value varies greatly depending on whether it is one of the classics/sort after bags or a seasonal bag - plus age and condition play a role too. $800 doesn't sound bad especially as you only paid $30!!! (shame the charity didn't know how much it was worth as it could have made them a lot of money!). If you're not going to use it then I would think the money is better than it sitting in the closet. Sites like Fashionphile take quite a high percentage so you're always going to get less than selling it yourself on other resale sites but if you don't want the hassle then they are a good option.

Yea it's 2005-2006 Navy Ritz. Definitely not a classic. It is in awesome condition, no wear or tear. Thanks for responding, yeah I might just take it I don't know where to start on selling it myself [emoji38]

I just had my first quote experience with Fashionphile. On a brand new in box Birkin that retailed over $13K before tax they offered me $10K. We all know what FP charges for a Birkin that's brand new, never carried, in box with everything, and this is a rare one. In addition they changed the description of the bag when they made their quote leading me to believe it was evaluated by someone with no knowledge of Hermès.
They also lowballed me amazingly on another less desirable bag but that was less of a surprise.
I'm happy selling stuff direct on eBay despite the occasional bad apples, so won't be trying FP again.

I just had my first quote experience with Fashionphile. On a brand new in box Birkin that retailed over $13K before tax they offered me $10K. We all know what FP charges for a Birkin that's brand new, never carried, in box with everything, and this is a rare one. In addition they changed the description of the bag when they made their quote leading me to believe it was evaluated by someone with no knowledge of Hermès.
They also lowballed me amazingly on another less desirable bag but that was less of a surprise.
I'm happy selling stuff direct on eBay despite the occasional bad apples, so won't be trying FP again.
They did the same to me last year....total lowball. I ended up using Ann's and was happy to get more than what I paid.