Do I Need the Duomo Crossbody?

Jul 28, 2016
My husband and I are making a day trip to Manhattan this weekend, and I realized I don't have a bag that will easily accommodate a water bottle and other day trip necessities. The closest I have is the Totally PM DE, but I think of that as my "summer" bag and it's not as roomy as the Duomo crossbody. My second largest bag is the Speedy B 25 DE, but, much as I love it, it's also not as large as the Duomo and is less easy to fish around in because of the shape. (My only other LV is the mono Pochette Metis, which is definitely too small.)

Finally, I also have been wanting a larger casual crossbody in DE that zips, and the Duomo fits the bill. However, i'm wondering whether i'm just making excuses to justify a new puchase. I'm not in love with the Duomo, but I certainly like it quite a lot and feel like it would be very practical. Thoughts? Anyone else face a similar dilemma?

I received the Duomo for Christmas and have been carrying it since. I really love it. I have quite a few LV crossbody bags including the PM and Speedy B 25 Mono and the Duomo is different. It is definitely larger than all of my others and I typically like small...Eva and WOC. It's a great, comfortable bag. Try it with your things inside to get a real feeling for it.

If you're not in love with the Duomo then getting it will most likely lead to either buyer's remorse or it being shoved up in your closet and ignored after your trip - if you have the chance then pop into your closest store and at least try it on as well as other designs like the Siena and Bloomsbury.

My husband and I are making a day trip to Manhattan this weekend, and I realized I don't have a bag that will easily accommodate a water bottle and other day trip necessities. The closest I have is the Totally PM DE, but I think of that as my "summer" bag and it's not as roomy as the Duomo crossbody. My second largest bag is the Speedy B 25 DE, but, much as I love it, it's also not as large as the Duomo and is less easy to fish around in because of the shape. (My only other LV is the mono Pochette Metis, which is definitely too small.)

Finally, I also have been wanting a larger casual crossbody in DE that zips, and the Duomo fits the bill. However, i'm wondering whether i'm just making excuses to justify a new puchase. I'm not in love with the Duomo, but I certainly like it quite a lot and feel like it would be very practical. Thoughts? Anyone else face a similar dilemma?

I've tried the Duomo Crossbody in the LV store and loved it....but for ME, I would like to purchase a shorter strap (not an LV, but a custom 18-20 inch leather or chain strap) so I can throw it over the shoulder, or grab it out of my car quickly. I do not like to grab the bag by the canvas. This creates a bit of dilemma because there is no room on the hardware to occasionally add a shorter strap other than on top of the existing leather strap and that may damage the one that comes with the bag. I also don't know if a shorter strap would be in the way. MY problem is that I ALWAYS would like to tweak the LV bags. Having said that, the Duomo is a nice bag.