Anyone own a hobo bbag? Opinions on them?

All I have to date is a metallic edge city and a twiggy.
thanks so much!
Hmmm, apples and oranges when it comes to comparing. Shapes are completely different, I'm assuming you mean the actual Bal hobo rather than just a hobo-style like the Day? Because again, they're very different from each other, the Day being quite a bit larger. Can you confirm exactly which style it is?

Edit, just saw your other post with the two links, one to a hobo and one to a day bag. So, the day will carry much more than either the hobo or either of the bags you currently own. I love the day bag personally, but it is a bit more of a black hole. However, I have about half a dozen of them so it's pretty clear I love the style. I have two hobos, and am contemplating selling them both, as they're just a bit shallow for my needs. A great bag, and if the city or twiggy works for you I would think the hobo will too (neither the city or twiggy work well for me). Both bags are shoulder bags, and depending on your size you may be able to access the interior of both without taking them off of your shoulder, but the hobo will be easier because of the longer strap drop. Also, as far as I know, the hobo only comes with G21 hardware (both bags look great with the larger HW) while you have the option of G21 or classic hardware with the Day. Please feel free to ask if I've missed anything you may want to know!

Last edited:
I second what Much said above, and I did a comparison between a Day and City (and one BV hobo) in the Style Ref thread, you can check it there as well, maybe it will help :smile:

Reactions: muchstuff
I am thinking about buying a bbag, hobo style. Do you have one? hat do you think of it? Want to share a pic?
TIA!
Some pics for you. First two are hobos, 07 mogano and 07 black (the black is fully loaded, which is why the hang looks so different). Third is an 05 chocolate. Fourth 05 black men's day (don't rule out the older men's day bags, longer strap drop and super easy to carry, although I've had to shorten the straps). Fifth is anthra, I think 09, I sold it and can't quite remember. Sixth is 05 black. Seventh is 05 olive. The last two are 05 rouge theatre and 08 marine. The pics don't even begin to show how gorgeous the leather and colours are on those two. Did I mention that I liked the style? :lol: And I love the oldies in chevre! (And if you look at the pic of the anthra Day being carried by my daughter, the hang is really nice, much nicer than when on the back of a chair!).

Edit, missed one, the very last is another men's Day, possibly charbon, not sure what year.

DSC_0292.JPG IMG_3455.JPG DSC_0433.JPG DSC_0443.JPG DSC_0488.JPG IMG_2985.JPG IMG_3457.JPG IMG_3461.JPGIMG_3463.JPGDSC_0535.JPG

Last edited:
Some pics for you. First two are hobos, 07 mogano and 07 black (the black is fully loaded, which is why the hang looks so different). Third is an 05 chocolate. Fourth 05 black men's day (don't rule out the older men's day bags, longer strap drop and super easy to carry, although I've had to shorten the straps). Fifth is anthra, I think 09, I sold it and can't quite remember. Sixth is 05 black. Seventh is 05 olive. The last two are 05 rouge theatre and 08 marine. The pics don't even begin to show how gorgeous the leather and colours are on those two. Did I mention that I liked the style? :lol: And I love the oldies in chevre! (And if you look at the pic of the anthra Day being carried by my daughter, the hang is really nice, much nicer than when on the back of a chair!).

Edit, missed one, the very last is another men's Day, possibly charbon, not sure what year.

View attachment 3571805 View attachment 3571806 View attachment 3571807 View attachment 3571808 View attachment 3571809 View attachment 3571811 View attachment 3571813 View attachment 3571837View attachment 3571838View attachment 3571853
Mogano is to kill for!! :drool:

Reactions: dexter123
Wow @muchstuff, what a gorgeous collection!! thank you so very much for sharing! i would love to have a collection like that some day!! omg.
I did break down an buy a lazuli city bag from Fashionphile, after tons of comparing and debating. If I keep her, I will post pics. Can't wait to get it! Hope they ship fast. I live like a half hour from their showroom.

Wow @muchstuff, what a gorgeous collection!! thank you so very much for sharing! i would love to have a collection like that some day!! omg.
I did break down an buy a lazuli city bag from Fashionphile, after tons of comparing and debating. If I keep her, I will post pics. Can't wait to get it! Hope they ship fast. I live like a half hour from their showroom.
Please post when you get her!