Help with mini flap! Thoughts and opinions please :)

sunny07

O.G.
Sep 13, 2007
Hi ladies!

I just purchased a preloved mini with GHW from 16C. When I opened it I almost had a heart attack because I thought the hardware from turnlock to chain was tarnished.

The seller has assured me it's brushed gold, and 16C was brushed gold hardware. Can someone confirm this?

More importantly what are your thoughts and/or experiences on the hardware and wear?

I'd love to see your photos of gold brushed hardware bags too!

IMG_1484161534.976157.jpg

Ooh thanks for the pic! Beauty!! The turnlock looks odd to me because the top is silver almost
Like it got rubbed too much- like the nose on the Lincoln statue lol. I'll have to post a picture later when I have a chance.

Hi ladies!

I just purchased a preloved mini with GHW from 16C. When I opened it I almost had a heart attack because I thought the hardware from turnlock to chain was tarnished.

The seller has assured me it's brushed gold, and 16C was brushed gold hardware. Can someone confirm this?

More importantly what are your thoughts and/or experiences on the hardware and wear?

I'd love to see your photos of gold brushed hardware bags too!

View attachment 3571540

dear, that is normal brushed gold hardware, NOT tarnished. it's meant to look matte/antique.

Ooh thanks for the pic! Beauty!! The turnlock looks odd to me because the top is silver almost
Like it got rubbed too much- like the nose on the Lincoln statue lol. I'll have to post a picture later when I have a chance.

I think it can go a little shinier on points of high use. The very tip of the turn lock on mine is slightly shinier. (It's possible Chanel can replace hardware if it's an issue in the future.) But in general I think it wears as well as most finishes.

In the lighting where I opened the bag the hardware had a dull gray tinge to it that didn't look matte but tarnished. I wasn't expecting it and panicked lol.

Looking at it now I see it's brushed and appreciate the uniqueness. The CC turnlock is definitely shinier and I think it's as Decadent said- shinier from use.

Thanks for your help ladies!! Now that the surprise has passed I can enjoy that this sweet bag is different from my other Chanel's [emoji173]️

Reactions: DecadentDreams
I had a similar thing with a bag I received recently. It was new but hadn't been packed properly and had a dent in one of the quilts. The stitching also looked off... It completely threw me. It was my dream bag but all I could see were the problems. I padded it out for a few days and the next time I got it out the stitching wasn't quite so noticeable in different lighting and the padding had helped to address the dent - and I started to be able to enjoy it again. I think sometimes because they're so expensive any possible problem throws you as you don't want to spend that kind of money on a "faulty" bag. I'm glad you're now able to enjoy your beautiful new bag :smile:

Reactions: sunny07
I had a similar thing with a bag I received recently. It was new but hadn't been packed properly and had a dent in one of the quilts. The stitching also looked off... It completely threw me. It was my dream bag but all I could see were the problems. I padded it out for a few days and the next time I got it out the stitching wasn't quite so noticeable in different lighting and the padding had helped to address the dent - and I started to be able to enjoy it again. I think sometimes because they're so expensive any possible problem throws you as you don't want to spend that kind of money on a "faulty" bag. I'm glad you're now able to enjoy your beautiful new bag :smile:

Thank you [emoji4]

THIS is exactly it! If I buy any bag (new or preloved) without seeing it in person first, I never know if it's really love until it's in my hands. And yes little things can throw me off that pics didn't capture. Plus the $$$ we spend for these bags.

What was your dream bag?? Did you keep her?