Saint Laurent Sac De Jour Souple

roxta

O.G.
Nov 3, 2007
Sac De Jour fans, buckle yourselves in for this:

I just saw a few pre-order SDJs for 2017 and I think that some of the changes that will be seen in the new range include
  • Side tabs has one or two visible studs, depending on the size (looks like the hidden snaps will be replaced)
  • New hanging tag charm comes with the usual padlock
  • Leather seems softer and slouchier like the original SDJs from 2013 - the shape looks less structured overall
  • Medium size will be available again
  • Inner removable pouch is partially fabric (this should help reduce the weight of the bags)
  • Shoulder strap attaches on the sides, above the gusseted portion
Which design do you prefer?NMV3F3N_mz1.png NMV3FLD_mz1.png NMV3F3U_mz1.png BGV3F3T_mz1.jpg

(Pictures from Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman websites)

Last edited:
There are also new SDJs for Spring 2017 that look the same as last year's model. I saw some at Barneys.com. I think this is just a seasonal variation and will not be replacing the original. ( Here is one: http://www.barneys.com/product/saint-laurent-small-sac-de-jour-505036165.html )

While I prefer the structured model circa 2014 (not the newer 'wavy' ones) I do like this model. It does look more like a blatant birkin rip off though. It brings to mind Jane Birkin's black birkin bags that she uses until they are worn out, and Kate Moss's out of shape original SDJ. I would have to see it in person though to really make up my mind.

I think it has an edgier look and it's tempting to think you wouldn't have to 'baby' it, like I do with my structured smooth leather ones.

Last edited:
Not for me. I like the texture of leather, but not the slouchiness and those studs - not my taste.

Sac De Jour fans, buckle yourselves in for this:

I just saw a few pre-order SDJs for 2017 and I think that some of the changes that will be seen in the new range include
  • Side tabs has one or two visible studs, depending on the size (looks like the hidden snaps will be replaced)
  • New hanging tag charm comes with the usual padlock
  • Leather seems softer and slouchier like the original SDJs from 2013 - the shape looks less structured overall
  • Medium size will be available again
  • Inner removable pouch is partially fabric (this should help reduce the weight of the bags)
  • Shoulder strap attaches on the sides, above the gusseted portion
Which design do you prefer?View attachment 3571105 View attachment 3571108 View attachment 3571109 View attachment 3571110

(Pictures from Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman websites)

Reactions: Aluxe