Roberto Cavalli lion buckle tote

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I saw this bag online and I love it. I have been a mainstream designer girl (Ysl, Prada, Celine, Givenchy) and never considered RC. I have always thought about him as lower end (I believe I was thinking of Just Cavalli).

What do you ladies think of this bag? It is on sale for $1300 so not cheap by any means but I like the flap style (lady like) the two straps and the neutral color. IMG_1483977822.371270.jpgIMG_1483977842.086794.jpgIMG_1483977858.004992.jpgIMG_1483977867.489270.jpg

I saw it in person. It's gorgeous. I love the style and color. It caught my eye and drew me into the store

But I worry about resale given that his bags aren't widely popular.

I saw it in person. It's gorgeous. I love the style and color. It caught my eye and drew me into the store

But I worry about resale given that his bags aren't widely popular.

I absolutely thought about resale too!!
I don't buy bags with the intent of reselling and if I love them, I keep them. That being said, I don't have the best track record with not getting bored and selling bags...I do it more than I would like to admit.

Can you tell me more about how it looked in person? Does the quality appear high? Is the leather good quality?

Sure! Long post ahead but I want to help you make a good decision.

The brands most represented in my collection are Chanel, Dior, and Prada. I also love LV & Gucci. I just only have one of each of those at the moment. I've stopped buying Prada because while my bags have held up exceedingly well with lots of use, I don't want more saffiano, I worry about reports of quality issues and the resale tanks. I've never seriously considered buying Hermes, Delvaux, etc. because of the price exceeds my desire. I may get a pre loved Kelly one day but that isn't on my near term list of buys. So, consider my comments on the RC in this context of what I like, the quality I expect and also my flinch point on price / quality. :tup: So you can take my comments with a grain or mountain of salt as you see fit. :lol:

Ok. So, I know zero about RC. I was in Moda Mall in Bahrain during a break on a work trip mainly to eyeball Dior & LV as I'm considering purchases from both right now. :graucho:

But these RC lion bags stoped me in my tracks. :wtf: They were gorgeous! I went inside the store and even took pictures of them. The leather was nice and thick (without being heavy) with the slightest pebbling. Construction seemed solid. And the bags seemed pretty functional so they would be easy to use. The hardware reminded me of the Gucci Dionysus hardware. It wasn't quite as stunning nor as "heavy" but it was very well done and not at all flimsy. I really lusted after the bag. Honestly, I felt a bad and a bit like a brand wh*** because I wished it was a higher end (more recognizable??) brand to justify it going into my collection and to justify the price. (Crazy right???) But there was no way I was paying close to $2k for an RC bag. But again, my objection was not about the bag or perception of quality. It was about resale and the fact that if I pay that I can add a little and have the giddy feeling of owning a new Gucci or pre loved leather LV.

That all being said, after I saw your post I was reminded of how much I really loved this bag. I went googled and saw it's actually 60% off on the website. Whoop! Now, we're in the game. So I just bought it. :lol: The bag is really reasonably priced now ($800 including shipping!!!) and makes sense for the hit I could take on resale. Plus it doesn't have any obvious branding and I've been looking for a "workhorse" bag for work that doesn't say any brand but still has style and that I won't mind if it gets a bit of wear over time. I'm hoping this is it! And with 14 day returns, I (and you) can look the bag over carefully and decide if it works for us.

I go for black bags as my neutral but I think this bag looks best in brown. But, if you want it in black Forzieri has it 50% off there. I didn't see the black on the RC website but I didn't really look that hard since I wanted the brown.

So thanks for bringing this bag up again. LOL! Who'd have thought it would have spurred my purchase. And I hope you take the plunge and we can be bag twins!

Reactions: Mariapia
Sure! Long post ahead but I want to help you make a good decision.

The brands most represented in my collection are Chanel, Dior, and Prada. I also love LV & Gucci. I just only have one of each of those at the moment. I've stopped buying Prada because while my bags have held up exceedingly well with lots of use, I don't want more saffiano, I worry about reports of quality issues and the resale tanks. I've never seriously considered buying Hermes, Delvaux, etc. because of the price exceeds my desire. I may get a pre loved Kelly one day but that isn't on my near term list of buys. So, consider my comments on the RC in this context of what I like, the quality I expect and also my flinch point on price / quality. :tup: So you can take my comments with a grain or mountain of salt as you see fit. :lol:

Ok. So, I know zero about RC. I was in Moda Mall in Bahrain during a break on a work trip mainly to eyeball Dior & LV as I'm considering purchases from both right now. :graucho:

But these RC lion bags stoped me in my tracks. :wtf: They were gorgeous! I went inside the store and even took pictures of them. The leather was nice and thick (without being heavy) with the slightest pebbling. Construction seemed solid. And the bags seemed pretty functional so they would be easy to use. The hardware reminded me of the Gucci Dionysus hardware. It wasn't quite as stunning nor as "heavy" but it was very well done and not at all flimsy. I really lusted after the bag. Honestly, I felt a bad and a bit like a brand wh*** because I wished it was a higher end (more recognizable??) brand to justify it going into my collection and to justify the price. (Crazy right???) But there was no way I was paying close to $2k for an RC bag. But again, my objection was not about the bag or perception of quality. It was about resale and the fact that if I pay that I can add a little and have the giddy feeling of owning a new Gucci or pre loved leather LV.

That all being said, after I saw your post I was reminded of how much I really loved this bag. I went googled and saw it's actually 60% off on the website. Whoop! Now, we're in the game. So I just bought it. :lol: The bag is really reasonably priced now ($800 including shipping!!!) and makes sense for the hit I could take on resale. Plus it doesn't have any obvious branding and I've been looking for a "workhorse" bag for work that doesn't say any brand but still has style and that I won't mind if it gets a bit of wear over time. I'm hoping this is it! And with 14 day returns, I (and you) can look the bag over carefully and decide if it works for us.

I go for black bags as my neutral but I think this bag looks best in brown. But, if you want it in black Forzieri has it 50% off there. I didn't see the black on the RC website but I didn't really look that hard since I wanted the brown.

So thanks for bringing this bag up again. LOL! Who'd have thought it would have spurred my purchase. And I hope you take the plunge and we can be bag twins!

Yay!! Congrats!
I actually saw it on Farfetch for 1300 with 20% off so this 60% off is SO much better! I love the comparison to the Gucci...very good point!

I think I am going to pull the trigger as well!! I wanted the brown so it works!

I love the bag but I waited too long (about 2 hours after you posted that you purchased) and it was gone on the RC site. I can get it for $ 1060 on Farfetch but can't push myself to buy it knowing it is $260 more than it was on the RC site [emoji26]