Help! Please advise - Pochette Metis Problem

shayna07

Style with Shana
O.G.
Jan 26, 2013
Hi, all! I recently purchased a pochette metis and after watching a ton of YouTube videos stating problems with glazing cracking I quickly inspected mine. This is what I found...Should I be concerned?

I ordered online as I don't live close to a store. I literally have only had her for 2 weeks...

This makes me frustrated and sad [emoji24][emoji24]IMG_1483852389.260741.jpg
IMG_1483852403.204889.jpg
IMG_1483852413.973800.jpg
IMG_1483852425.188639.jpg
IMG_1483852438.031205.jpg

Is the glazing cracking??

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm sorry, but I didn't really see anything. What is it that you're referring to?

There are several imperfections and I tried to photograph them best I could. In the third picture down, there's what seems to be a gash or a hole like some of the glazing cane off...

Oh, yes, I now notice it in the third picture. I wouldn't mind it, though. however, I believe you can take it to the store and have it exchanged. If they don't have the back in stock, you can ask them to request another one for you, but I think that will depend on the SA's will.

Hi, all! I recently purchased a pochette metis and after watching a ton of YouTube videos stating problems with glazing cracking I quickly inspected mine. This is what I found...Should I be concerned?

I ordered online as I don't live close to a store. I literally have only had her for 2 weeks...

This makes me frustrated and sad [emoji24][emoji24]View attachment 3568387
View attachment 3568388
View attachment 3568389
View attachment 3568390
View attachment 3568391

Is the glazing cracking??

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
There's nothing wrong with your glazing whatsoever. Those 'imperfections' that you see are just the nature of the glaze itself which, when being applied to the trim, is actually a molten plastic/resin; when it's still liquid it will seep into and seal any spaces in the canvas, such as the where two pieces of canvas are sewn together (pic 1 and 2), and will sometimes trap little bubbles of air which sneak to the top and pop (pic 3 and 4). Like fingerprints each bag will be slightly different as a result - it's something that shouldn't be seen as an imperfection but just part of your bag's unique character.

There's nothing wrong with your glazing whatsoever. Those 'imperfections' that you see are just the nature of the glaze itself which, when being applied to the trim, is actually a molten plastic/resin; when it's still liquid it will seep into and seal any spaces in the canvas, such as the where two pieces of canvas are sewn together (pic 1 and 2), and will sometimes trap little bubbles of air which sneak to the top and pop (pic 3 and 4). Like fingerprints each bag will be slightly different as a result - it's something that shouldn't be seen as an imperfection but just part of your bag's unique character.

Thanks so much for your response. It made me feel a lot better. This is why I love tpf!

i would exchange it. i just got my exchanged yesterday (because of the cracking issues, which happened to mine) and the new one has no bubbles and no lines anywhere along the glazing at all. it's completely flawless with none of the indents i see on yours. given the bad history with this bag and it's glazing i wouldn't keep it if i see anything. since you have the opportunity to change it out so easily, i would. just my opinion, of course, but i want that glazing flawless from the start. it can definitely be free of bubbles and lines. mine now is.

this is how mine, just picked up yesterday looks, you can see that it's flawless and runs the entire way like that. that's how it should look if it's done right. my date code is very late 2016, so i assume the later the date code, the better the bags got b/c they had fixed the issues
IMG_4626.JPG

IMG_4627.JPG

Reactions: Chenai
I agree with ccbaggirl89 and the pics ccbaggirl89 l
posted. For $1700, I dont want "imperfections", that looks awful. Take the advice given and call customer service to inquire about an exchange. Hoping for the best!!

Thanks to everyone for your response. I called customer service just to see because again, I'm 3 hours away from my closest store. They were no help and said unfortunately since I have worn the bag, there is nothing they can do. :sad: it is bothersome to me. I have only purchased online with LV and it seems like if there is ever a problem the only way you can get any help is if you have a good relationship with an SA that will help you. The 1866 number has never been helpful to me....

I wouldnt give up. I have had success with 866 and SA. I had an item with glazing issue. Had thr wallet for 9 months before using, finally decided to use it and after a few months of use, it started peeling. I took the item to LV for repair, a few days later I get a call telling me to come to store to pick out a new item. You may have to drive to a store even though its some distance. You just never know.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89