Opinions on the Twist in Epi Tropical - help please!!

Mar 5, 2006
Hi everyone! I need your expert opinions! I went into LV the other day and purchased the Victorine wallet in the new Epi Tropical rose/turquoise colour. I looked at the Alma BB while I was there but was talked out of it...even though deep down that bag is totally "me" and I really loved it. I then caved and ordered it online yesterday, but decided to go in and see it in person tonight one more time. The SA brought out the Twist in the same print to compare. Well, I put it on and it was love at first sight!! I seriously have never had a bag make my heart sing like this one did! I love the design, the print, the "twist" lock....but I don't love the price tag. It is almost twice the price of the Alma BB. But, as my husband pointed out, I already have two turquoise alma bb's (epi and vernis) and a third would be redundant. So he was encouraging the Twist purchase!! I couldn't believe it. So, we put it on hold and he will go pick it up tomorrow if I decide I want it.

Now, I'm curious what you guys think....is the Twist worth the steep price? It's not that we can't afford it, I just have never spent this much on a bag. But I love it so :love::love::love:. What do you guys think??

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I need your expert opinions! I went into LV the other day and purchased the Victorine wallet in the new Epi Tropical rose/turquoise colour. I looked at the Alma BB while I was there but was talked out of it...even though deep down that bag is totally "me" and I really loved it. I then caved and ordered it online yesterday, but decided to go in and see it in person tonight one more time. The SA brought out the Twist in the same print to compare. Well, I put it on and it was love at first sight!! I seriously have never had a bag make my heart sing like this one did! I love the design, the print, the "twist" lock....but I don't love the price tag. It is almost twice the price of the Alma BB. But, as my husband pointed out, I already have two turquoise alma bb's (epi and vernis) and a third would be redundant. So he was encouraging the Twist purchase!! I couldn't believe it. So, we put it on hold and he will go pick it up tomorrow if I decide I want it.

Now, I'm curious what you guys think....is the Twist worth the steep price? It's not that we can't afford it, I just have never spent this much on a bag. But I love it so :love::love::love:. What do you guys think??
That sounds like a really tough decision, especially since you felt a deep connection with the Alma and the only reason it didn't go home with you was because you were talked out of it. On the other hand you're head over heels with the Twist but the price is making you flinch, especially since it was so unexpected.
I suppose the only advice I can offer would be to walk away from the situation for a few days and sleep on it - I know that it's easier said than done, especially when you're excited, but it will give you the time to seriously decide which bag would be the best fit for your lifestyle both now and in the future. A little cool down period really helps put things into perspective and is great for combating the 'what ifs?' and buyer's remorse:hugs:

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I think that's good advice. That's why I didn't walk out of the store tonight with either of them - I felt like I really needed to at least sleep on it. This is a major purchase (especially if I decide on the Twist) and I want to be sure I make the right choice. Thanks again!

Well, if you love it and it sounds like you do then maybe it's meant to be? However, I understand your thoughts on the price. I love the Twist, but like you don't love the price. My other thought on this particular piece is how much use you'll get out of it? Your new ever so cute wallet I love in this print. I think the Alma BB is really cute also, but know that I couldn't wear it for years to come because I would tire of the print quickly. That's me though, and I'm not one to buy and have the thought "I'll sell if I just don't wear it or like it like I think I will." I adore the Twist in many of the colors they come out in, but it's a steep price tag for something I know for myself I'd be over the print after the summer is over. However, others may love it for years and years? What's your thinking on it for after this coming summer? Do you see yourself loving it for years to come? Would you rather get a Twist in a vibrant solid color that you know you'll love and can use that cute wallet in? I know you're worried if you don't hurry and buy the Twist it may be gone, but sometimes just giving yourself several days to think it over is better than making an expensive purchase you'll regret. And, I'd think about the Alma BB this way also. They're not exactly cheap, but if you really want the print it is a cheaper alternative.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I think that's good advice. That's why I didn't walk out of the store tonight with either of them - I felt like I really needed to at least sleep on it. This is a major purchase (especially if I decide on the Twist) and I want to be sure I make the right choice. Thanks again!
Yes, they're not exactly giving the Twist away are they. Both are beautiful bags and both would no doubt bring you happiness but the important thing is that you're 100% happy with new treasure - remorse of any sorts can truly ruin the experience and perception of the bag. As for the Twist being worth the price, well that's entirely subjective. If you feel it's worth it, regardless of the opinions of others, then it is. Remember, we're all 'crazy' according to the norms of society for our love of purses, let alone dropping the money we do for them;)

Well, if you love it and it sounds like you do then maybe it's meant to be? However, I understand your thoughts on the price. I love the Twist, but like you don't love the price. My other thought on this particular piece is how much use you'll get out of it? Your new ever so cute wallet I love in this print. I think the Alma BB is really cute also, but know that I couldn't wear it for years to come because I would tire of the print quickly. That's me though, and I'm not one to buy and have the thought "I'll sell if I just don't wear it or like it like I think I will." I adore the Twist in many of the colors they come out in, but it's a steep price tag for something I know for myself I'd be over the print after the summer is over. However, others may love it for years and years? What's your thinking on it for after this coming summer? Do you see yourself loving it for years to come? Would you rather get a Twist in a vibrant solid color that you know you'll love and can use that cute wallet in? I know you're worried if you don't hurry and buy the Twist it may be gone, but sometimes just giving yourself several days to think it over is better than making an expensive purchase you'll regret. And, I'd think about the Alma BB this way also. They're not exactly cheap, but if you really want the print it is a cheaper alternative.

Yes, they're not exactly giving the Twist away are they. Both are beautiful bags and both would no doubt bring you happiness but the important thing is that you're 100% happy with new treasure - remorse of any sorts can truly ruin the experience and perception of the bag. As for the Twist being worth the price, well that's entirely subjective. If you feel it's worth it, regardless of the opinions of others, then it is. Remember, we're all 'crazy' according to the norms of society for our love of purses, let alone dropping the money we do for them;)

The Twist is a great bag. :heart:

Thank you all for taking the time to respond, I truly appreciate it! I'm normally not this hesitant with a bag purchase, but I think the price and the fact that it is right after Christmas are contributing to my indecisiveness.

I know this print is a bit much for some people, but it is my style and I can definitely see myself wearing it for year to come, not just this summer. I love turquoise and pink and this has both! The solid Twist bags don't speak to me the way this one does.

I love the print I just know I couldn't pull it off. I love to see other people who can wear the things I don't feel confident wearing[emoji173]️. I say if you love the Twist more than the Alma (and you do already have 2, and the Twist would add that specialness to your collection) you should go for it. Especially if you see yourself using it a lot. The Twist is beautiful and stunning in general and you don't see them everywhere. Can't wait to see your reveal.

Reactions: fashion_junky
I love the print I just know I couldn't pull it off. I love to see other people who can wear the things I don't feel confident wearing[emoji173]️. I say if you love the Twist more than the Alma (and you do already have 2, and the Twist would add that specialness to your collection) you should go for it. Especially if you see yourself using it a lot. The Twist is beautiful and stunning in general and you don't see them everywhere. Can't wait to see your reveal.

Thank you for your response! You make a good point when you say you don't see the Twist everywhere. That's very true, and I think that does make it special. The idea of getting the Twist has me very excited, so I think I am leaning towards it!!!

Thank you for your response! You make a good point when you say you don't see the Twist everywhere. That's very true, and I think that does make it special. The idea of getting the Twist has me very excited, so I think I am leaning towards it!!!

It's a good sign if you're "very excited". Dream about it tonight and maybe we'll see a reveal tomorrow[emoji6]!

Thank you all for taking the time to respond, I truly appreciate it! I'm normally not this hesitant with a bag purchase, but I think the price and the fact that it is right after Christmas are contributing to my indecisiveness.

I know this print is a bit much for some people, but it is my style and I can definitely see myself wearing it for year to come, not just this summer. I love turquoise and pink and this has both! The solid Twist bags don't speak to me the way this one does.
Either way you can't go wrong and you have our support. Let us know what you decide...I can't wait to see!

i'd get the alma bb, you get the same print for less and won't ever feel like you went overboard financially to get the twist, unless you can and that isn't an issue. you obviously like the color turq. and the bb itself, since you have 2. you could always sell the turq. epi and replace it with this one, and stay at 2 bb's. just my opinion, but that turq. twist is more of a collector's piece than something truly practical imo