Chanel Shipping Policy

Nordstrom told me they don't ship Chanel bags and you have to get them in person. Nordstrom says that is a Chanel policy. However, Saks is able to ship to home. Why is that?

Hi thanks for starting this thread. I'd be interested in knowing what others have experienced.
I've purchased a Chanel bag from Nordstrom through my Sales Associate. One bag she had shipped to me because she had to find it from a Nordstrom in another state. I do know from following her threads, there are specific Chanel Bags that she will label CANNOT Ship and they must be picked up in person from the store. I'm just as confused......

The Nordstrom's in Portland, Oregon shipped the purple caviar mini to my home in Florida this past fall. I know previously Chanel stand alone boutiques did not ship, while Saks, Bergdorff's and NM did; but in the past year or so that's changed.

Nordstrom told me they don't ship Chanel bags and you have to get them in person. Nordstrom says that is a Chanel policy. However, Saks is able to ship to home. Why is that?

Which bag were you trying to purchase? maybe as others have mentioned, it depends on the bag? (which is still weird imo)