Scratch on my brand new DE neverfull?

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Hi all-

I just bought a brand new neverfull from the LV store in Amsterdam on New Year's Day. I've just noticed it's already gotten a scratch on the trim. I am upset because it is quite noticeable. Is this normal for DE leather? It's small but I'm worried it will spread. I've used the bag for the last 2 days and I'm back in America so I am worried I won't be able to get a refund.

I don't know if it's normal but after traveling on two different airplane trips with my DE Neverfull, I noticed scratches on the canvas. I only used the bag for travel so basically I had only used it 4 days total. At first I was upset. But, then I realized they were wear marks from rubbing against the metal extension handle on my roll-aboard bag. Sigh. I wanted the NF to stay perfect but I quickly had to accept that if I was going to use the bag during travel it was going to show some wear and tear. I didn't like the fact that it happened so fast but I couldn't return it either.

Why would you get a refund for scratching leather? Get some brown leather cream and rub it in and presto good to go.
I'm more worried that it's chipped and will now like peel off? I don't mind a scratch or two, I know bags aren't going to be pristine forever. I've just read about issues with the DE leather treatment, so I am wary.

I don't know if it's normal but after traveling on two different airplane trips with my DE Neverfull, I noticed scratches on the canvas. I only used the bag for travel so basically I had only used it 4 days total. At first I was upset. But, then I realized they were wear marks from rubbing against the metal extension handle on my roll-aboard bag. Sigh. I wanted the NF to stay perfect but I quickly had to accept that if I was going to use the bag during travel it was going to show some wear and tear. I didn't like the fact that it happened so fast but I couldn't return it either.
Thanks for the response. This is true and also makes me feel better. Thank you!

Thanks for the response. This is true and also makes me feel better. Thank you!
If you are unhappy with it you should try to visit an LV store and see what they can do for you, otherwise down the line you might always wonder "what if I had taken it back". From what I read on here even if you bought it in another country you could do an even exchange - so the price of the bag would be the same as you have already paid, you just might have to pay taxes. It doesn't hurt to try if you live near an LV store.

This happened to mine in a few different areas on the trim. The next time I was at boutique I showed them and the SA said its common and it is wear and tear. It never peeled or spread. I hit it with a tiny bit of brown shoe polish and its invisible now! I know it is super frustrating to mark a brand new bag if it makes you feel better next time you are in a boutique or even make a trip, show the SA just to ease your mind.

Reactions: mahinaetoile
Inventory is low after Christmas and not enough time has gone to supplement inventory. I'd have to wonder if someone returned the the bag because it had quality problems. My LV agent said they are really low on inventory and won't receive new bags till next week with the exception of a few new pieces that are starting to come in. I'd return the bag and wait for a better quality replacement. You deserve better than what this bag is offering. Just my two cents. GL.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I'm really frustrated and sad. This is the 2nd LV in a row I've purchased brand new with a defect. My DA neverfull purchased in September had a canvas defect on it and they did a full exchange. Something tells me I won't be so lucky with this one...but going to try tonight. I might be done with buying new LVs.

If you scratched it, it's not a defect...
I do appreciate this opinion too. However, my other DE bags have never scratched and I treat them the same. I don't baby my bags but I am careful with them. It seems like poor quality to scratch after 2 short uses. Either it's not a defect or I expect too much of LV Leather.