Shopping Indecision

harrypaws

May 10, 2016
Ok ladies I need your help. I am finally taking the plunge and am going to take advantage of the sales and buy my first Mulberry! However I can't decide which one and i'm driving myself crazy with indecision.

So i'm trying to decide between a Bayswater or an SBS I keep going back and forth.
I have concerns about the weight of a Bayswater but I like the size - see my dilemma.
I love the SBS and that it can be cross body which is what my bags do tend to be.

Any of you out there that own both can you give me the pros and cons.
I'm looking at buying a red one - all my current bags are black so thought red would be a nice change and it is my fave colour.
Cheers for your help.

Reactions: 24shaz
Bays and SBS are both great choices, what will you be using it for?

I'd say if you're after a workhorse the Bays is definitely the better option, but if it's more an everyday bag then go for the SBS as carrying a Bays gets heavy after a while.

Only cons I can think of: SBS is quite small, you wouldn't fit a standard iPad for example, whereas Bays could carry one with plenty space left over. Most people would find SBS an absolutely fine size for everyday though.

Bays is heavy & doesn't fit on the shoulder well, so needs to be carried in hand or crook of the arm.

If I was going to be Devil's Advocate I'd suggest ordering both, trying on & deciding which suits you best (but only if you can trust yourself to return one!)

Reactions: Betty Kay
I have two Bayswater but no sbs . IMO the bays is a better looking bag and can fits loads in, saying that though it can be cumbersome and not the sort of bag that you would take on a shopping trip. Sbs too small for me which is why I never got one. Are you a hand carry or cross body girl usually?

I have two Bayswater but no sbs . IMO the bays is a better looking bag and can fits loads in, saying that though it can be cumbersome and not the sort of bag that you would take on a shopping trip. Sbs too small for me which is why I never got one. Are you a hand carry or cross body girl usually?
I mainly have cross body bags and I do walk to work every day but I'm finding I'm now having to carry 2 bags which is kind of annoying so the idea of a Bays is great but am worried I will overload it.

Bays and SBS are both great choices, what will you be using it for?

I'd say if you're after a workhorse the Bays is definitely the better option, but if it's more an everyday bag then go for the SBS as carrying a Bays gets heavy after a while.

Only cons I can think of: SBS is quite small, you wouldn't fit a standard iPad for example, whereas Bays could carry one with plenty space left over. Most people would find SBS an absolutely fine size for everyday though.

Bays is heavy & doesn't fit on the shoulder well, so needs to be carried in hand or crook of the arm.

If I was going to be Devil's Advocate I'd suggest ordering both, trying on & deciding which suits you best (but only if you can trust yourself to return one!)
I have absolutely no faith in myself that I would return one!

Reactions: 24shaz
I mainly have cross body bags and I do walk to work every day but I'm finding I'm now having to carry 2 bags which is kind of annoying so the idea of a Bays is great but am worried I will overload it.

If you currently need two bags then I think bays would do the job better than sbs. I would carry bays with work stuff and then a small crossbody for wallet, keys, phone.

how far do you have to walk to work? Bays can be heavy but in my opinion it is the perfect work bag. Or carry two bags. I use my longchamp to carry heavy books, papers, laptop etc on days when I am at the university.

how far do you have to walk to work? Bays can be heavy but in my opinion it is the perfect work bag. Or carry two bags. I use my longchamp to carry heavy books, papers, laptop etc on days when I am at the university.
Its about a 20 minute walk. So not that far.
Am thinking if I buy the SBS then I may buy a Longchamp backpack. LOL see my indecision!
And this forum is full of enablers :biggrin:

I have a new SBS and an original Bayswater, and the times when I've used my Bays to carry lots of stuff, I found myself wishing my bag was lighter (Bayswater weighs over 1kg I think), and when I didn't need to carry so much, I always went for a smaller/lighter bag. The SBS is just so versatile - decent size, comfortable handles, cross body strap.

My Bays hasn't seen the light of day for a few years as it simply doesn't suit my needs any more. The only reason I haven't sold it is because it was my first designer bag, and a huge purchase at the time (poor student), so it has sentimental value etc :blush:

I have 2 Bays and 2 SBS and I much prefer the SBS. It fits a lot in but do think about what you'd want to carry - as another poster mentioned it won't accommodate a full size iPad. The Bayswater is large and not easy to carry on my shoulder. It's ok if I need a large work bag. I won't buy another traditional Bays but I will buy more SBS. That one exception is the double zip, although it looks a little outdated compared to the new zip Bays and small zip Bays. The small zip Bays in either porcelain blue or green is my next purchase.

Reactions: Betty Kay
Thanks for your help everyone i'm still undecided.
I am going to head into London tomorrow and look at both of them and try and make a decision. I think I'm leaning towards the SBS but this morning I was thinking the Bays! :confused1:
Will do a reveal when I purchase the bag.

Well am on the train heading back went with the bigger Bays a beautiful Scarlet one on sale in John Lewis at a fabulous price.
I did look at both put my stuff in my current bag into both bags and the sbs was just too small.
Can't wait to get home and get it water sprayed so I can use it!
Thanks for your help everyone will do a show and tell when I get home.