Cartier Love - Buyer's Remorse

Winston3043

Jun 9, 2015
Hi guys! I made my first Cartier purchase, a ballon bleu, a few years ago and I still love it every day. This weekend, I purchased the WG Love Cuff in NYC. I had wanted one for years. Weirdly though, I just can't shake the awful, awful feeling of buyer's remorse. I've bought other things (Chanel purses, diamond jewelry, etc) before and not felt this way in the least. I've already worn the cuff, so I can't take it back, but just wondering -- should I keep it & see how I feel over time? Should I cut my loses and sell it? (I've never sold anything before, so I'm kinda worried about doing it the right way.) I'm hoping this feeling goes away, I totally didn't see it coming. :/ Anyone else feel like this when they finally bought one? How long did it take to go away?

Reactions: Namwan-
I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Why do you have the remorse? Did you find it uncomfortable? Did you want the full bracelet instead? If you are not happy then try to get a store credit. You shouldn't keep something if you are not happy with your purchase.

When it comes to buyer's remorse, I've only had it with pieces that cost a couple hundred dollars. I think to myself I should have saved for what I really wanted.

As for my Love Bracelet, it is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry. I am currently toying with the idea of getting a second for a push present. I still am not sure if I want 2 heavy bracelets to wear 24/7.

Reactions: Winston3043
Thank you so, so much for your comforting response! I was caught off guard by this feeling because the Love cuff is the bracelet I had pined for while rejecting other similar bracelets (VCA perlee, Tiffany Atlas, etc) for a few years. It's super comfy and truly beautiful -- I had to do the cuff so I can take it off for physical therapy for my wrist, so it really does feel like this particular Love was made for my wrist. I think I just feel guilty for spending the money after saving for so long. I know that it doesn't impact my financial situation much (I enjoy my career and don't mind working extra to make more money) I didn't take on any debt to buy it, and my fiancé is 100% on board. If anyone has tips on how to just let the "shopping guilt" go so I can finally just admire the piece, I'd love to hear! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you so, so much for your comforting response! I was caught off guard by this feeling because the Love cuff is the bracelet I had pined for while rejecting other similar bracelets (VCA perlee, Tiffany Atlas, etc) for a few years. It's super comfy and truly beautiful -- I had to do the cuff so I can take it off for physical therapy for my wrist, so it really does feel like this particular Love was made for my wrist. I think I just feel guilty for spending the money after saving for so long. I know that it doesn't impact my financial situation much (I enjoy my career and don't mind working extra to make more money) I didn't take on any debt to buy it, and my fiancé is 100% on board. If anyone has tips on how to just let the "shopping guilt" go so I can finally just admire the piece, I'd love to hear! :heart: :heart: :heart:
It sounds lovely and just the right piece for you, so I would wear it and enjoy it! I bet that guilty feeling will pass quickly. Congratulations!

If your concerns are the cost (something you saved for and your fiance agreed with the purchase) then I would let that guilt go. You have wanted it, saved for it, and now will have it to enjoy for the rest of your life. I look at expensive purchases and consider the cost per use. The Love Bracelet is a classic! You will wear it all the time for years to come. My hubby loves my bracelet because he sees the use I get out of it. It makes him feel happy that I didn't waste my savings on something that will sit in a box. When I mentioned my potential interest in a second Love, he did not care. He knows how much I love mine and is aware of the amount of use I get out of it.

It's such a shame you feel this way. I have the same wg love cuff and I adore it. I wear mine 24/7 and the longer I have it the more I feel I wouldn't want to be without it! I have felt buyers remorse over several things that I have bought though and had sleepless nights for a couple of nights after buying my vintage Hermes Kelly, worrying if I'd done the right thing! It passed pretty quickly though! If you think the bracelet is beautiful and it's comfortable, personally I would wear it as much as possible for a while before making any decisions about possibly selling it. Cartier prices continue to go up so it will always hold value if you decide you really don't want it in the future :smile:

@AntiqueShopper thank you so much for the advice (I felt so much better reading your post) & congratulations on your upcoming little one! @DrDior, that's a fabulous idea, I'm going to do that this month. @Tonimichelle, thank you for reminding me what a lovable choice this cuff really is! As always, the TPF crowd is so kind and understanding. [emoji178]
I am glad I can help you! Now enjoy your beautiful piece!

i also had a buyers remorse and sometimes think if its better if I sell one of my love. I bought my first love in rose gold because they don't have the rainbow stock at that time. I'm still pining for the rainbow love so I bought it also and thought it will look good stack with my first love and Juste un Clou. Now, I regret buying the first love because I don't like how it look stack together anymore, and my arms get tired wearing it at the same time, plus the screw get loose when they bang together. Also my first love also have a lot of scratched now and depending on the light it looks less shiny.

Reactions: jpezmom
Hi guys! I made my first Cartier purchase, a ballon bleu, a few years ago and I still love it every day. This weekend, I purchased the WG Love Cuff in NYC. I had wanted one for years. Weirdly though, I just can't shake the awful, awful feeling of buyer's remorse. I've bought other things (Chanel purses, diamond jewelry, etc) before and not felt this way in the least. I've already worn the cuff, so I can't take it back, but just wondering -- should I keep it & see how I feel over time? Should I cut my loses and sell it? (I've never sold anything before, so I'm kinda worried about doing it the right way.) I'm hoping this feeling goes away, I totally didn't see it coming. :/ Anyone else feel like this when they finally bought one? How long did it take to go away?
Hey buyers remorse should be called "I feel guilty because I bought myself a lovely pretty shiny thing instead of a new kitchen**insert practical sensible item here**.
I love my RG love, its value always goes up so if you think to yourself "I haven't spent my money on it, I've invested it in something I can wear instead if it sitting in a bank. It's not like spending loads on a kitchen, car, holiday etc as once that money's spent it's gone.
This is just redistributing it & the way interest rates are at the moment it's probably making more with inflation :smile: ... enjoy it and wear it in good health & happiness xx

The only buyers remorse I had was... wish I had gotten my bracelet sooner. I love it to bits and perhaps my wait was worth it coz I initially wanted just the plain RG but now, I got the 4 diamond version. i do get guilty felings from time to time for other purchases but not for this one. Hope you get over the remorse phase soon.