Beautiful Christmas present

Isis23

Feb 26, 2013
I'm a little late, but I hope you don't mind me sharing my joy with you now! I ordered my first personalized Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir, which I got as Christmas present. It only needed two weeks to be produced and be sent to me from France. You surely can imagine, that I spent quite a lot of time in front of my computer to find the perfect colour combination. There are so many beautiful possibilites ;). Finally I decided to take size S, Navy blue bag body and all other parts in Greige, lining in Beige and my initials printed on the flap. I was really excited, opening the box and the dust bag, seeing the bag, produced especially for me! The leather is smooth and luxurious, the colours are amazing, a perfect bag!
20161215_172841.jpg 20161225_170231.jpg 20161225_170440.jpg

The bag holds everything I need and still doesn't get too heavy. I like the different ways I can wear her. One question to those of you, already using such a leather bag: is the leather delicate getting spots of rain? Dark and light colours? Do you protect your bag?? Thanks in advance for your advice! Thanks for letting me share :smile:!20161225_183837.jpg 20161225_184220.jpg

Very nice!
I have treated some of my lighter cuirs with Apple Guard Rain and Stain. And I'll put some Blackrock's on the corners to try to prevent that dreaded corner wear.
I really don't know if it's necessary or if it even helps. I do tend to toss my cuirs around a bit because they're light and squishy but I try not to abuse them.
Congrats!

Reactions: Isis23
I'm a little late, but I hope you don't mind me sharing my joy with you now! I ordered my first personalized Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir, which I got as Christmas present. It only needed two weeks to be produced and be sent to me from France. You surely can imagine, that I spent quite a lot of time in front of my computer to find the perfect colour combination. There are so many beautiful possibilites ;). Finally I decided to take size S, Navy blue bag body and all other parts in Greige, lining in Beige and my initials printed on the flap. I was really excited, opening the box and the dust bag, seeing the bag, produced especially for me! The leather is smooth and luxurious, the colours are amazing, a perfect bag!
View attachment 3563313 View attachment 3563314 View attachment 3563315
Lovely colour combo! Enjoy!

What a beautiful colour combination! :biggrin: Congrats!

I have a few dark coloured Cuirs. I haven't observed any colour transfer but I wear mainly dark clothing. I use a base shaper from Cloversac to prevent sagging. Thankfully, my Cuirs have never been exposed to rain.

Very nice!
I have treated some of my lighter cuirs with Apple Guard Rain and Stain. And I'll put some Blackrock's on the corners to try to prevent that dreaded corner wear.
I really don't know if it's necessary or if it even helps. I do tend to toss my cuirs around a bit because they're light and squishy but I try not to abuse them.
Congrats!

May I ask which Blackrocks product you are using specifically? My blue cuir is suffering said corner wear and it gets worse each time I use it. :sad:

The bag holds everything I need and still doesn't get too heavy. I like the different ways I can wear her. One question to those of you, already using such a leather bag: is the leather delicate getting spots of rain? Dark and light colours? Do you protect your bag?? Thanks in advance for your advice! Thanks for letting me share :smile:!View attachment 3563317 View attachment 3563318

What a beautiful color combo you chose! I have two small cuirs, one black, one pebble grey. I haven't treated them with anything and both of them are fine. The black one has been exposed to some rain and snow and I just wiped it off when I got home and you'd never know it was wet. The leather they use for the Cuir line is a combination of lamb and goat, so you get the softness of the lamb but the durability of the goat. At least, that's the way one of the SAs described it. It's pretty hardy!

What a beautiful color combo you chose! I have two small cuirs, one black, one pebble grey. I haven't treated them with anything and both of them are fine. The black one has been exposed to some rain and snow and I just wiped it off when I got home and you'd never know it was wet. The leather they use for the Cuir line is a combination of lamb and goat, so you get the softness of the lamb but the durability of the goat. At least, that's the way one of the SAs described it. It's pretty hardy!
Thanks for telling me your experience! I'm really happy with my choice, but never took her in rain till now!

Reactions: catsinthebag