Shoes patent rockstud 100mm heels - do they stretch?

chanelcandy

Dec 26, 2014
hi all
so i bought my first ever pair of rockstuds in a 36, they were a bit tight in the shoe area and the back strap that doesnt have the buckle was pretty snug and i had to pull it over the back of my foot to hold it up and my foot was right on the edge. i ordered another in a size 36.5 and the straps are looser and there is a touch more space in the toe area but i'm concerned about the straps on the 36.5 becoming too lose? how much do the straps stretch and how much does the toe box area stretch?
i'm not sure which size to keep? both are pretty uncomfortable in the toe area to be honest, just feels a tad roomier in the 36.5 and it doesnt look as tight on because my foot is not right at the edge, theres a bit of space. but im worried about the straps becoming too lose?
help!

hi all
so i bought my first ever pair of rockstuds in a 36, they were a bit tight in the shoe area and the back strap that doesnt have the buckle was pretty snug and i had to pull it over the back of my foot to hold it up and my foot was right on the edge. i ordered another in a size 36.5 and the straps are looser and there is a touch more space in the toe area but i'm concerned about the straps on the 36.5 becoming too lose? how much do the straps stretch and how much does the toe box area stretch?
i'm not sure which size to keep? both are pretty uncomfortable in the toe area to be honest, just feels a tad roomier in the 36.5 and it doesnt look as tight on because my foot is not right at the edge, theres a bit of space. but im worried about the straps becoming too lose?
help!
I'd go with the 36.5 because patent doesnt really stretch too much. If you're worried about the strap being too loose, theres always the option of punching another hole. Your regular shoe repair can do it.

I wouldn't want to be wearing an uncomfortable shoe while waiting for it to stretch. You can also try wearing thick sock trick around the house in the 36.5...

I'd go with the 36.5 because patent doesnt really stretch too much. If you're worried about the strap being too loose, theres always the option of punching another hole. Your regular shoe repair can do it.

I wouldn't want to be wearing an uncomfortable shoe while waiting for it to stretch. You can also try wearing thick sock trick around the house in the 36.5...

its not just the strap that has the buckle, its the others that arent adjustable that are loosish on the 36.5 - particularly the other back strap without the buckle. do they stretch a lot?

its not just the strap that has the buckle, its the others that arent adjustable that are loosish on the 36.5 - particularly the other back strap without the buckle. do they stretch a lot?
Can you take pics of the two so its easier to compare? Will let others weigh in, but my pairs from last year didnt stretch much in the cage strap area...

You may ask a reputable shoe repair to see if this shoe can be stretched in the areas you need.

Can you take pics of the two so its easier to compare? Will let others weigh in, but my pairs from last year didnt stretch much in the cage strap area...

You may ask a reputable shoe repair to see if this shoe can be stretched in the areas you need.

i took pics but you cant really tell a difference in the photos. do you find if you wear them in summer they fit more snug? its really hot here atm so im wondering if the 36 will fit better in the cooler months and that the 36.5 will be too loose then? gahh i wish one just fit perfectly! decisions decisions!

this is probably the only pic where you can see some sort of difference at the back - position of my foot and how the strap sits.
first photo is the 36.5 and second 36

excuse the cord, i was using it as a guide of where to place my foot, clearly didnt work that well seeing as i couldnt line them up :lol:

Attachments

• Photo on 29-12-2016 at 1.37 PM #3.jpg
    Photo on 29-12-2016 at 1.37 PM #3.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 1,019
  • Photo on 29-12-2016 at 1.39 PM #3.jpg
    Photo on 29-12-2016 at 1.39 PM #3.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 1,045
this is probably the only pic where you can see some sort of difference at the back - position of my foot and how the strap sits.
first photo is the 36.5 and second 36

excuse the cord, i was using it as a guide of where to place my foot, clearly didnt work that well seeing as i couldnt line them up [emoji38]
Honestly, my preference would be to go with the larger size only because its more comfy and it really doesnt look like its too big in the pics. Why be in a position to have tight straps, even if its slightly, and then hoping it will loosen up? What if it doesn't? That and other variables make it too risky for me. If need be, you can put a footpetal or cushioned pad, which is what I wish all my shoes have room for.

But go with what you want. It seems you prefer the 36, then be happy with that decision. Good luck!

Honestly, my preference would be to go with the larger size only because its more comfy and it really doesnt look like its too big in the pics. Why be in a position to have tight straps, even if its slightly, and then hoping it will loosen up? What if it doesn't? That and other variables make it too risky for me. If need be, you can put a footpetal or cushioned pad, which is what I wish all my shoes have room for.

But go with what you want. It seems you prefer the 36, then be happy with that decision. Good luck!

thanks for your advice, tbh i would prefer the 36.5 for comfort but the studs on the left shoe on the front strap running down are all crooked and i'm worried if i order another pair that they won't be good either in one spot or another on either shoe where as the 36 the studs are perfect :/ so conflicted!

thanks for your advice, tbh i would prefer the 36.5 for comfort but the studs on the left shoe on the front strap running down are all crooked and i'm worried if i order another pair that they won't be good either in one spot or another on either shoe where as the 36 the studs are perfect :/ so conflicted!
Oh no, theyre crooked? I didnt even look that closely at mine...in that case, def try ordering another one. Im glad you're going with 36.5, but boy, so many challenges!

Oh no, theyre crooked? I didnt even look that closely at mine...in that case, def try ordering another one. Im glad you're going with 36.5, but boy, so many challenges!

yeah! the last one at the bottom is obviously crooked and the rest all go over the stitching and they arent straight and they just dont look great, i mean to a normal person they're probably fine but for $900 au i dont think its acceptable. i know, i wish they had them near where i live so i could pick the perfect pair!

also do you find they fit tighter in summer than winter or no noticeable difference? cause its hot here and im worried the 36.5 will be too lose in winter? not sure how much more swollen my feet are though haha

yeah! the last one at the bottom is obviously crooked and the rest all go over the stitching and they arent straight and they just dont look great, i mean to a normal person they're probably fine but for $900 au i dont think its acceptable. i know, i wish they had them near where i live so i could pick the perfect pair!
I just checked mine and one pair does have 2 or 3 crooked ones right smack near the front, but what can u do. If its by the sides then ok, I can deal. I could buy one in person, but prbly not at this price, so its a no win situation.

At least the studs are 3D so its not that noticeable, and no one will stare at our shoes at eye level. Small comfort I know, but they're still beautiful.

also do you find they fit tighter in summer than winter or no noticeable difference? cause its hot here and im worried the 36.5 will be too lose in winter? not sure how much more swollen my feet are though haha
Id say my shoes are a bit tighter in general since the heat does make my feet swell more, but not so much that I notice a difference tbh. If its too loose in winter, just add an half insole. They are a lifesaver on the balls of my feet.