Speedy piping issue/question

cherrifoam

O.G.
Sep 4, 2010
Hello all,
Has anyone else ever had this happen to their speedy???
I cannot believe how bad the piping is coming out of this.
My question is has this happened to anyone and has anyone recently paid to have the piping replaced?
I saw there's a thread in the clubhouse for the "revival" of bags with issues and someone did have handles and piping replaced on a speedy but it was back in 2007 and I'm assuming prices would be different now, so many years later.
I am going to bring the bag in most likely, but just wanted to see if anyone here had the same issue and how much it cost if you got it replaced??? Please help!!

Attachments

• IMG_3744.JPG
    IMG_3744.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,446
  • IMG_3745.JPG
    IMG_3745.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 1,338
This isn't really an issue with the piping but with the amount of corner wear you have on your bag. I do not know what you did to cause all 4 corners to be completely worn away but when/if you get this replaced you may want to stop putting your bag on the floor.
Yes I know it's from corner wear but on my other speedies the piping has never popped out like it has on this one. The corners have gotten worn, but the piping has never popped out in a loop shape like this.
Was more so just curious if anyone had the piping replaced and knew how much it cost

Any idea of how much? Mine is old too. I used to use it a lot it was my first bag.
I'm just wondering if it will be like 200 or like 400 lol.

I don't know how much yet. I have a place I can send and they quote free before you agree to repair. I had a Gucci bag and wallet repaired by them once.

I doubt it's $400 but I will let you know when I get a quote.

I also find it interesting that it's exactly same bag in azur.

Reactions: cherrifoam
Hello all,
Has anyone else ever had this happen to their speedy???
I cannot believe how bad the piping is coming out of this.
My question is has this happened to anyone and has anyone recently paid to have the piping replaced?
I saw there's a thread in the clubhouse for the "revival" of bags with issues and someone did have handles and piping replaced on a speedy but it was back in 2007 and I'm assuming prices would be different now, so many years later.
I am going to bring the bag in most likely, but just wanted to see if anyone here had the same issue and how much it cost if you got it replaced??? Please help!!

I had the same issue with my Totally in azur. I had all the piping replaced and it was 230 Euros.
Hope this can help.

these are really cautionary photos
I would imagine that the bag would have to be taken to pieces and remade in order to repair piping
a lot of work so 230 euros seems quite reasonable