Looking for surgeon to improve my Asian nose in Sydney

mswendie

May 26, 2016
Hi! I am looking for someone who can help me to find a surgeon who can help me with my nose job. This would be my first time to get a cosmetic procedure, and I am based in Sydney by the way. What I would like is a surgeon who understands my Asian features, and would see to it that he/she won't give me a Caucasian nose. A list of names would be very helpful.
I came across one name being brought up by some forums - Dr Andrew Kim
Does anybody here know him? Or heard of him? Better yet, vouch for the quality of his work? Your answers would mean a lot!

This is so fascinating and disturbing at the same time. Yes, I believe the Dr. Andrew Kim in this video is the same one you're referring to.

If you want a doctor in Sydney to understand your Asian features and not give you anything Caucasian, then I think Andrew Kim might not be the best doctor to go to. You might end up looking like Heidi in the video. And I'm not saying Heidi's results look bad, in fact I think she looks extremely beautiful and Dr. Kim did an amazing job on her. I even thought of going to Dr. Kim myself to get those eyes!

But based on the video, he's probably not the best surgeon for you.

Reactions: dpnot
Can you please tell me more about your insight? I have read so many things in online forums about him. I am still planning to get a consult with him soon. I wish to bring up some of your concerns with him, if only you could share your thoughts with me.

https://cosmeticjourney.com/forum/topic/22008-dr-andrew-kim-double-eyelid-surgery/
https://cosmeticjourney.com/forum/t...im-for-double-eyelid-surgeryany-deets-on-him/

No, forget what I said. I based my previous post on the video alone. As I trawled through Dr. Kim's reviews (I'm sure you did too), he's actually really good with Asians who wanted to retain their Asian look. It's just that I was so impressed with his work on Heidi, I really did considered him as my eye surgeon.

The thing is, when Asians wanted Caucasian eyes, Korean surgeons would just do DES or canthoplasty, but Dr. Kim's work seems the most convincing. Just look at Heidi's before and after shots. Of course, she doesn't look 100% caucasian, but she looks very Eurasian now and very beautiful.

Her r
This is so fascinating and disturbing at the same time. Yes, I believe the Dr. Andrew Kim in this video is the same one you're referring to.

If you want a doctor in Sydney to understand your Asian features and not give you anything Caucasian, then I think Andrew Kim might not be the best doctor to go to. You might end up looking like Heidi in the video. And I'm not saying Heidi's results look bad, in fact I think she looks extremely beautiful and Dr. Kim did an amazing job on her. I even thought of going to Dr. Kim myself to get those eyes!

But based on the video, he's probably not the best surgeon for you.

I agree, her results look so good, she looks very eurasian now, which is the look I'm going for. Just that the implant in her nose looks pretty obvious.

His website, for some reason, has an article informing Asians not try to be white, yet that viral video is prominently displayed on the site. lol. That aside, I have a feeling Dr. Kim specializes in giving Asians that Eurasian look. After all, he is Asian himself and he is based in Sydney, so obviously he has experience working with both Asian and Caucasian patients.

After some research, I will place Dr. Kim into my list solely for the eyes. Those eyes are not something you can achieve in Korea, since most of the clinics there have very little experience with Caucasians. That said, I myself am Eurasian (Dutch Chinese), but I look slightly more towards the Asian side than Caucasian. Even though my NRIC states Eurasian, I have people speaking Chinese to me, and even more people asking me if I'm Eurasian.

So I'll probably look for Dr. Kim and hopefully he will help me look more like my actual heritage.

hi all! thanks for your responses. I have decided to go for dr kim. I find his approach compatible with what I am aiming to achieve. I am slated to get my procedure 3 weeks from now.I do hope for good results. i have been very careful with my preparation, particularly with my health. I would like that healing goes without a hitch on my end at least. I perused Dr. Kim's portfolio and I found his results to be rather impressive. I have been to three doctors by the way. I believe we do have to go through all the pains of researching if we want to ensure that we get the right treatment. Do you guys have anything to add or share with regard to prepping for a rhinoplasty? or how to ensure better healing? Or any info on Dr. Kim i might need to know?