Jumbo Caviar Flap Leather?

golden

May 15, 2007
Hi,

I just got a brand new caviar flap in jumbo, and was wondering, is it normal for the caviar leather on the sides where the flap opens (as shown in the pics) to appear more smooth/less indented or 'pebbled' than the rest of the bag?

I think i'm just being an*l hehe, but it appears the same on both sides?

Attachments

• IMG_1950.JPG
    IMG_1950.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1951.JPG
    IMG_1951.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 128
I just checked my white caviar flap and it does not show any dading of the pebbles like yours.. but I think its not a big deal. But since it is not an unlimited bag, I'm sure you can get an exchange fairly easily if you wish=)

I just checked my Jumbo in black, and to some extent, it does flatten out a bit around the edges. It doesn't bother me at all. I think it's just from the leather being pulled tight in those areas, no biggie.

thanks lamb :smile: i think so too, i get so particular with my bags it's ridiculous! hehe

i think like u said, it's the leather at those 2 points (where the flap joins) that is stretched on the jumbo due to the size of the flap

Golden hun, I just checked mine and it doesn't have a smooth area like yours do but then again, mine doesn't seem to fold quite like the way yours does either. It doesn't fold and hold in like your smooth edges do but rather is part of the entire side - the way it sits, I mean. Like a semi-rolled cardboard, if that makes sense :P

That said, yours is probably normal, nothing to worry about! :smile:

thanks lamb :smile: i think so too, i get so particular with my bags it's ridiculous! hehe

i think like u said, it's the leather at those 2 points (where the flap joins) that is stretched on the jumbo due to the size of the flap

I know Golden, we can get crazy about the smallest details on our bags, I'm no different!!!!

hmm well it appears to be normal in some bags so i don't know, it is brand new and appears on both sides so i doubt it's a fault..it's just like the pebbles are less obvious but they're still there, because the caviar is taught around the sides

i dont think this colour in jumbo is available anywhere tho