Melie or Neverfull GM

Dec 26, 2008
I carry a lot of things and I just can't decide to get the Melie or the Neverfull GM. I have the Neverfull MM, but I want the GM because of the Pink inside & of course the extra small pouch. I want the Melie because I don't have a hobo type of bag. If you own both of these, which one do you find you use the most & if you own the Milie, does the top flap really closes & is it heavy to carry? Thank you & Happy Holidays!

I carry a lot of things and I just can't decide to get the Melie or the Neverfull GM. I have the Neverfull MM, but I want the GM because of the Pink inside & of course the extra small pouch. I want the Melie because I don't have a hobo type of bag. If you own both of these, which one do you find you use the most & if you own the Milie, does the top flap really closes & is it heavy to carry? Thank you & Happy Holidays!

I have both. The GM NF is going to be able to carry a lot more. I think I can even fit more in my MM NF than my Melie. I like the Melie because of it's style. I like wearing it with the long strap, and i try to not carry too much in it b/c it will bulge. I like a more narrow profile look when I carry it with the long strap. As for the top, yes, I "trained" mine to flap, or fold over, so the top doesn't stick straight up. Mine doesn't get too heavy.

Reactions: Bonjourkiana
The Melie has had problems with the pattern rubbing off on the corners. It happened to me after 2 weeks. Also, some owners have said the corners have developed little pin prick holes, and it's not from abusive use. I would read through the clubhouse and avoid buying this bag. :smile:

Reactions: Bonjourkiana
My corners are actually faded but they are on the bottom of the bag and I really don't care. I'd be upset with the tiny holes I've seen in the clubhouse though. I plan to only carry it in the fall/winter months, and carry my DA NF with RB interior in the spring/summer, and switch out with other bags as well. I guess I'm saying, it's not my bag 365 days out of the year, and the problem is not structural, so it doesn't bother me. My 1st Pochette Metis had a faulty locking mechanism, and my second had the first signs of cracking within 6 months, so I sold both of those.

I have both. The GM NF is going to be able to carry a lot more. I think I can even fit more in my MM NF than my Melie. I like the Melie because of it's style. I like wearing it with the long strap, and i try to not carry too much in it b/c it will bulge. I like a more narrow profile look when I carry it with the long strap. As for the top, yes, I "trained" mine to flap, or fold over, so the top doesn't stick straight up. Mine doesn't get too heavy.
I love my meltie,it's so classy no problems with the rubbing or pin holes so I personally would get Meltie

Reactions: trudi50