Whats the best bag for work?

I work in a retail environment I guess you could say in the airport (but we also make great commission) and I'm the only one who carries a designer bag which is a speedy b 25 in DE but no one knows how much it costs or anything or anything about LV. I get comments sometimes saying "oh you don't have to worry about money", "must be nice to not have bills and live at home and travel all the time" (which isn't true but hey whatever they can think I don't have bills all they want) but they generally have no idea about the price. I had one gentleman I work with ask how much it was and I said "I bought it used for a good deal and it's fourteen years old" he doesn't know the truth, doubt he will go researching and he was happy with that answer and that's all that matters [emoji23]

In your work environment I don't think I'd bring it though especially if they are handbag savvy. When I worked in a retail environment like Macy's I didn't feel comfortable carrying my Speedy B so I carried a Kate Spade with a few SLGs, that may be what I suggest for you because at the end of the day there's no point in the comments making you miserable at work.

I work in a retail environment I guess you could say in the airport (but we also make great commission) and I'm the only one who carries a designer bag which is a speedy b 25 in DE but no one knows how much it costs or anything or anything about LV. I get comments sometimes saying "oh you don't have to worry about money", "must be nice to not have bills and live at home and travel all the time" (which isn't true but hey whatever they can think I don't have bills all they want) but they generally have no idea about the price. I had one gentleman I work with ask how much it was and I said "I bought it used for a good deal and it's fourteen years old" he doesn't know the truth, doubt he will go researching and he was happy with that answer and that's all that matters [emoji23]

In your work environment I don't think I'd bring it though especially if they are handbag savvy. When I worked in a retail environment like Macy's I didn't feel comfortable carrying my Speedy B so I carried a Kate Spade with a few SLGs, that may be what I suggest for you because at the end of the day there's no point in the comments making you miserable at work.

Agreed! That's what I do! I carry my longchamp with great SLGs in it! Just not worth the comments and stress!

Reactions: Ashker and aarcher
Hi all,

I am not very active on the LV boards so apologies if I am repetitive, but I am hoping you all might provide some insight. I am looking for a solid work bag that would hold a 13inch laptop, my givenchy bow cut flap, and a small lunch. Currently, I am using a random bag I bought at Macys on clearance and it is sturdy, but not large enough. I commute on the train or bus to/from downtown each day.

I was thinking the Delightful MM might be a good option. Anyone have any thoughts on this, or suggest something else? Will a Neverfull withstand a computer back and forth on public transit each day?

Bonus question: I am going to Europe in a few months and considering purchasing over there for obvious reasons. Does anyone know if an LV gift certificate purchased state side is transferable?

The Neverfull would probably be a good choice for you, just mind its straps are a bit uncomfortable if the bag is heavy. You'll also have to be careful because of the open top, since you commute. I don't know if the Delightful holds a 13 inch laptop, I believe it does. It's a super comfortable bag, I have two (damier azur and ebene).

I m pretty certain that's not possible.
I know it was wishful thinking! Thank you!

The Neverfull would probably be a good choice for you, just mind its straps are a bit uncomfortable if the bag is heavy. You'll also have to be careful because of the open top, since you commute. I don't know if the Delightful holds a 13 inch laptop, I believe it does. It's a super comfortable bag, I have two (damier azur and ebene).
Thank you!

Yes Delightful MM will hold a 13" laptop, but the lunch and givenchy bag might really push the capacity. To be honest I tried carrying mine for work and it's just felt too heavy with a laptop and not very secure and that it would not hold up over time. I like my neverfull better for work, but even then it feels flimsy for a laptop. I ended up getting an MZ Wallace Kate for work and love it for the zip top, better organization and sturdy thick rolled straps. I use my Delightful and NF after work and on the weekends. Sorry, that's probably not very helpful. GLD!

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I have a Delightful MM and while it can fit a laptop, it is not ideal. I recently bought a DE Neverfull for work and I am very happy with it. I do carry my laptop in a sleeve that has a shoulder strap (highly recommended) but I can also fit it in the Neverfull easily if needed by TSA.

Hi all,

I am not very active on the LV boards so apologies if I am repetitive, but I am hoping you all might provide some insight. I am looking for a solid work bag that would hold a 13inch laptop, my givenchy bow cut flap, and a small lunch. Currently, I am using a random bag I bought at Macys on clearance and it is sturdy, but not large enough. I commute on the train or bus to/from downtown each day.

I was thinking the Delightful MM might be a good option. Anyone have any thoughts on this, or suggest something else? Will a Neverfull withstand a computer back and forth on public transit each day?

Bonus question: I am going to Europe in a few months and considering purchasing over there for obvious reasons. Does anyone know if an LV gift certificate purchased state side is transferable?

My favorite work bag is a tote bag... so I like to have a few options [emoji4]. For LV I have a couple of MM Neverfulls and a MM Totally. The MM Totally has great organization and zips, but won't hold a 13 inch laptop and other stuff. The MM Neverfull is great for a laptop and your other essentials, but I also don't commute so don't have to worry about the open top on public transportation.

IMG_1482575559.517490.jpg

I do own an old model MM Delightful, but never use it for a work bag for some reason. I guess I prefer totes over hobos for work, but that may just be a matter of preference.

I know you have reached out on the LV forum, but if you are open to other brands, I think Longchamp makes great nylon totes that zip, come in unlimited fun colors, and can handle any type of weather.

I also bought a couple of Perry Totes by Tory Burch during the Thanksgiving sale. Very similar to the Neverfull MM in size and functionality. The bag is pebble leather with minimal branding. I haven't owned them long, but have really enjoyed them as work bags so far. Hope some of this is helpful.

IMG_1482575989.750033.jpg
IMG_1482576019.747821.jpg