Help! Should I return my LV Pre loved Twist?

LVorDie

Marc Jacobs LV Denim Obsessed
Jun 6, 2014
I'm going to try and make is long story short.
In Jan. I bought a preloved Denim Twist MM from a seller in Japan I trust (eBay). When the bag arrived I LOVED it and my very experienced eye knew it was authentic. Well used, but authentic. Here's the thing... the handle color is different blue than the bag! (See pics)
I thought it was no biggie and I could deal with it... but lately I've felt like it bothers me a bit . I took it to my SA to see if LV could fix the handle to match. Because it was the earliest version of the bag, there were like 5 SA's hovering questioning its authenticity ( so embarrassing) a manager came over and said that yes, it's authentic and informed us all of the differences in the new versions vs the old. He said that LV would never be able to repair and match the epi of a denim bag that was well used. So I said I'd live with it.
Still, I decided to reach out to the seller ( yes, almost a year later) and they said they'd take it back and give me a full refund.
Guys... I LOVE THIS BAG THO! A denim Twist totally defines me[emoji14] I want to be buried with the Denim Twist. So I could take the refund $2k and add a another $1700 and buy a new Denim MM. But geesh, it seems crazy to spend another almost 2k to buy the same bag.
ALL the denim twists on eBay seem (by the pics) to have the same handle color differences? Am I making a big deal about nothing???
Thanks in advance TPF friends!
IMG_1482461813.275779.jpgIMG_1482461843.516156.jpgIMG_1482461868.684062.jpgIMG_1482461916.289091.jpg

The color difference wouldn't bother me since when worn on the shoulder, you most likely wouldn't be able to tell there was a difference. You can only tell when you lay the handle over the bag. I think its rather generous for the seller to offer you a refund a year later! But, it's not something I would be willing to double the cost of the bag over. Good luck deciding!

I don't think I'd be able to just put this issue aside, doll :sad: I believe I'd be too bothered about the color difference. I'm obsessive about details.
If I were you, I'd get the refund, add the $1,7k and buy a new one.
(By the way, this denim epi is gorgeous!)

I'm sorry, but I would never ask a seller to take back a bag I used for a year! Your request is really in poor taste. Not trying to be rude, but this is why so many people are afraid to sell on eBay.

The ethical thing to do is sell it if you're unhappy.

The strap is not near the bag when carrying, personally I wouldn't notice if I saw you wearing it. I say keep and enjoy!

I'm sorry, but I would never ask a seller to take back a bag I used for a year! Your request is really in poor taste. Not trying to be rude, but this is why so many people are afraid to sell on eBay.

The strap is not near the bag when carrying, personally I wouldn't notice if I saw you wearing it. I say keep and enjoy!

Thank you so much for your input! I agree with you that asking for a return after a year is a bit much which is why I would never ask that. As I mentioned, I just "reached out to the seller" since they are someone I have a relationship with to see what they thought about the handle . Maybe they sold other denim epi and could assure me that my issue was totally normal since LV wasn't slot of help. They are such a great seller that they offered to return it. They weren't very happy about the handle either. Isn't that such a kind and cool thing to offer? [emoji119] I was so grateful for their offer since I spend so much $ with them.

I'm extra grateful for the kind TPF members who continually offer constructive and kind feedback!

The color difference wouldn't bother me since when worn on the shoulder, you most likely wouldn't be able to tell there was a difference. You can only tell when you lay the handle over the bag. I think its rather generous for the seller to offer you a refund a year later! But, it's not something I would be willing to double the cost of the bag over. Good luck deciding!

Thank you so much for your kind input Gator Blue! I couldn't believe when they offered a refund, I was just reaching out for advice and they were so generous. Still... you are totally right that it's a lot of $$$!!!

Thank you again!

I agree with above. I don't think doubling the cost of the bag just because of the handle is worth it. I doubt it is very noticeable (if at all) when being worn. Kinda of a shocking error on LV's behalf though. I wonder why that is?

Reactions: LVorDie
I'd keep it. You have loved and used it for this long now. You can't notice the difference in the colour when worn and if anything it gives the bag some character!

Use the extra money and buy another bag!

When the handle is next to the bag, yes it's very noticeable, but on your shoulder I don't think anyone would be able to see it was that different. It's a beautiful bag. I would keep. ;) ~ XOXO

It would bother me... I'm obsessive over details! If this is truly your very favorite bag then buy a new one with the refund money and spend an additional $1700 for the perfect bag. Think of it as in investment (in your happiness :smile:) because as you know, if you ever had to, you can always sell it on eBay and get a significant amount of your money back. BTW, I don't think it was inappropriate in the least for you to reach out to the seller... You obviously have a good relationship with the seller because the seller clearly did not have to make an offer to take the purse back and refund you the $2000! I say go for it... return the bag and buy a new one!

I'm pretty obsessive.....but it would bother me. I'd always be wondering if people noticed it when I carried it, plus it looks like that's something a fake would do.....not match the leathers. That's the first thing I thought.....I questioned authenticity. I know it's authentic.....BUT.....the majority of the world is not like us here on TPF!

It would bother me... I'm obsessive over details! If this is truly your very favorite bag then buy a new one with the refund money and spend an additional $1700 for the perfect bag. Think of it as in investment (in your happiness :smile:) because as you know, if you ever had to, you can always sell it on eBay and get a significant amount of your money back. BTW, I don't think it was inappropriate in the least for you to reach out to the seller... You obviously have a good relationship with the seller because the seller clearly did not have to make an offer to take the purse back and refund you the $2000! I say go for it... return the bag and buy a new one!

So please tell me where else you can wear something for a year and get a full refund? OP should have immediately returned the bag. It's rather odd to have this realization a year later. Anyone obsessive with details should know immediately. "Reaching out" to the seller is basically asking for a refund, what else would they be able to do?

The seller might have offered a refund for fear that op might try to do a chargeback which would be more of a hassle. Many buyers do scams so they get to keep the item and get a refund. (Not saying this is OP, just that these are things sellers have to deal with.) The climate on eBay for sellers is basically "give the buyers what they want or face retaliation."

Clearly people saying return it don't sell on eBay. The seller will take a loss on the fees paid, which is not a little bit of money.

As a "community" I'm a bit disappointed that people believe returning something after using it for a year is ok. (Again, "reaching out is essentially asking for a refund.)

OP could definitely sell for a profit if she saved $1700 off retail.

But I'll leave it at that. I see my perspective is in the minority.

So please tell me where else you can wear something for a year and get a full refund? OP should have immediately returned the bag. It's rather odd to have this realization a year later. Anyone obsessive with details should know immediately. "Reaching out" to the seller is basically asking for a refund, what else would they be able to do?

The seller might have offered a refund for fear that op might try to do a chargeback which would be more of a hassle. Many buyers do scams so they get to keep the item and get a refund. (Not saying this is OP, just that these are things sellers have to deal with.) The climate on eBay for sellers is basically "give the buyers what they want or face retaliation."

Clearly people saying return it don't sell on eBay. The seller will take a loss on the fees paid, which is not a little bit of money.

As a "community" I'm a bit disappointed that people believe returning something after using it for a year is ok. (Again, "reaching out is essentially asking for a refund.)

OP could definitely sell for a profit if she saved $1700 off retail.

But I'll leave it at that. I see my perspective is in the minority.
I share your perspective @JadaStormy .
I find this whole thing quite outrageous in fact.

I share your perspective @JadaStormy .
I find this whole thing quite outrageous in fact.

I have to say I agree. I have sold LV on ebay and if someone asked me for a refund a year later I would say no, not be be mean or anything but I mean I just would not feel comfortable taking a bag back that has been used for a year and taking a hit on my seller fees and possibly taking a hit on resale depending on the condition the bag is returned in because someone changed their mind or I would be worried that it was some kind of scam( op I do NOT think you are scamming them). I actually stopped selling on ebay, just too stressful.

I think the bag is pretty and I would keep it if I were you. The strap really doesnt look bad at all. Good luck in whatever you decide.