Considering a pre loved antigona, input welcome!

OsloChic

O.G.
Jul 15, 2013
I'm considering getting a pre loved medium Antigona! It will be my first Givenchy, as I've heard a lot of good things about this brand. I've contacted the seller about the color as it is supposedly blue but looks black in all the photos. Does anyone here now which blue this could be? Seller wasn't sure but is taking new pics[emoji4]

Any other opinions regarding the quality or use of this bag are very welcome! Like how does the shoulder strap work for you? It is kind of short and weird and hard to imagine in the store how it handles "in real life" [emoji28] IMG_1482496492.352994.jpg

I had one in sugar leather and sold it for one in the smooth shiny leather. I adore the bag and fall in love with it every time I use it. 2 points of consideration:

Due to its structure, it is stiff and can be bulky.

The black lining makes it hard to find things at times so it can feel like a black hole if you have black keys, black wallet etc.

Those two are not enough to deter me from buying the bag again if I found an emerald croc embossed one I have wanted for years now

This bag looks best carried by hand or on wrist imo. The strap is useful, but doesn't stand out as much. So if you like hands free only, maybe rethink. Also, since the depth and structure of bag doesnt hug the body, some may not like that if they are used to slimmer or more compact bags like chloe faye.

Lastly, the med is great for holding lots, but if you like wearing it on shoulder or messenger, and still want structured, maybe consider the mini or even small.

I had one in sugar leather and sold it for one in the smooth shiny leather. I adore the bag and fall in love with it every time I use it. 2 points of consideration:

Due to its structure, it is stiff and can be bulky.

The black lining makes it hard to find things at times so it can feel like a black hole if you have black keys, black wallet etc.

Those two are not enough to deter me from buying the bag again if I found an emerald croc embossed one I have wanted for years now

Thank you for your thoughts fashion16!

I think the bulkyness is what makes it look so sleek so that is partly what I like[emoji4]

The fact that it's one black hole can obviously be annoying [emoji28] Or an excuse to get more cute pouches[emoji106]

Good luck on finding your perfect Antigona!!

This bag looks best carried by hand or on wrist imo. The strap is useful, but doesn't stand out as much. So if you like hands free only, maybe rethink. Also, since the depth and structure of bag doesnt hug the body, some may not like that if they are used to slimmer or more compact bags like chloe faye.

Lastly, the med is great for holding lots, but if you like wearing it on shoulder or messenger, and still want structured, maybe consider the mini or even small.

Thanks for your input randr21!

I think the handheld part might be an issue for me actually... I live in the city so I don't drive and a strap becomes very handy. I will definitely see if I can find a small one in store and try, I tend to think I need bigger bags than I actually do [emoji23]

Thanks for your input randr21!

I think the handheld part might be an issue for me actually... I live in the city so I don't drive and a strap becomes very handy. I will definitely see if I can find a small one in store and try, I tend to think I need bigger bags than I actually do [emoji23]
A small would be better with the longer strap. Even a mini should be considered if you don't need all the space of a small.

The red ant from Harrods is beautiful, a classic french red from the pic.

If you're a city girl, another suggestion if you don't have your heart set on the ant would be the nightingale or panda. I own all 3 styles and living in nyc I tend to favor these two styles over the ant. Check them out since sale time is a great time to buy.

A small would be better with the longer strap. Even a mini should be considered if you don't need all the space of a small.

The red ant from Harrods is beautiful, a classic french red from the pic.

If you're a city girl, another suggestion if you don't have your heart set on the ant would be the nightingale or panda. I own all 3 styles and living in nyc I tend to favor these two styles over the ant. Check them out since sale time is a great time to buy.

I see I've done bad research just focusing on the medium, the longer strap on the small or mini would be super useful [emoji3]

I like the nightingale a lot, what makes you grab that one more than the Antigona? If you know[emoji4] The pandora I'm just not drawn to at all, for some reason.

I see I've done bad research just focusing on the medium, the longer strap on the small or mini would be super useful [emoji3]

I like the nightingale a lot, what makes you grab that one more than the Antigona? If you know[emoji4] The pandora I'm just not drawn to at all, for some reason.
Im not as enamored of the ant compared to the other Givenchy bag styles. Having only 3 in my collection, and all mediums, its just not my first choice for grab and go. Now, if I'm going to an interview or seeing clients, itd be perfect.

Having said that, its been many years since I bought mine, so when the new smalls and minis came out, it was more tempting, but I always found another style that I loved more, eg obsedia tote. I have seen threads where ladies talk abt longer straps on newer models so def try in person if possible.

I know the panda is odd, and it def wasnt love at first sight, but when I caved and tried it on, I fell in love. Maybe it was how well it went with my outfit that day, or I dont have anything like it, or it was just the coolest bag, but I have amassed close to dbl digits. Its the best bag for traveling, hands free so functional and iconic in one.

The gale is by far my first love. I have well over dbl digits in the original model. Both the panda n gale just are lighter, unstructured so its hugs your body, carries so much, and still have mult ways to carry it. I can take 2 empty ones when i travel cuz ut lies flat in luggage and the leathers are so luxe.

Ive gone on enough, but hope this post helps you and others with some insight from a collector of Givenchy bags for almost a decade.

One more note. There's a reason why so many bloggers and youtubers have the ant on their best lux list. Its a great bag, but for me, seeing it on everyone makes it just a wee bit less special. At the end of the day, you cant go wrong with what you love.