Diamond solitaire pendant or tennis bracelet???

efleon

LVoe
O.G.
Jul 30, 2008
Hi All,
I am in the happy position of being able to purchase for myself a large piece of jewelry. I already have a nice watch, engagement ring, strand of pearls and right hand rings. So I have narrowed the choice down to a large solitaire diamond single-stone pendant or a diamond tennis bracelet. Both would be set in platinum.
I am literally unable to decide which is the better choice.
I feel I would wear either almost everyday.
All thoughts are very much appreciated!!!

I feel.... a bracelet is something that you will constantly be looking at throughout the day and if a bracelet holds a special meaning....then whenever I look at it I will be reminded of that meaning behind.
And perhaps having a bracelet will constantly remind you of the journey you had to this big reward today? And to celebrate your success and remind yourself of more good times to come? Anyways CONGRATULATIONS on being able to get a beautiful piece for yourself, regardless of what you choose, it will be meaningful I'm sure.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I may be way off base from what others think, but while a pendant is something you could wear everyday, a bracelet is something you could wear everyday AND get to see while you are wearing it. I get much more pleasure from my bracelets than from my pendants, simply because I am able to appreciate them more visually. I simply love wearing my tennis bracelet, and that would be my choice. CONGRATULATIONS on being in the position to be able to buy yourself a significant piece of jewelry!

Reactions: nvie and kkfiregirl
I may be way off base from what others think, but while a pendant is something you could wear everyday, a bracelet is something you could wear everyday AND get to see while you are wearing it. I get much more pleasure from my bracelets than from my pendants, simply because I am able to appreciate them more visually. I simply love wearing my tennis bracelet, and that would be my choice. CONGRATULATIONS on being in the position to be able to buy yourself a significant piece of jewelry!

I feel the same as you do. Necklaces/pendants and earrings are for others to enjoy but bracelets and rings are for the wearer to enjoy. I know that a simple, elegant pendant can make any outfit more special, but I love catching diamond flashes when my arm or hand moves.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I would actually say the diamond tennis bracelet. I am currently saving up for one myself, even though I won't be there for a long while. I feel like I would love constantly looking at it, which I can't really do with my diamond pendant necklace that I just got--not unless I am standing in front of the mirror. Plus, I know you want the size to be big which does affect price--but you can really buy a diamond solitaire pendant at any price range. Diamond tennis bracelets are usually typically more expensive at any carat size, so if you have the opportunity to get it, I would get it while you can yanno? I'm hoping sometime next year I can get a diamond tennis bracelet in YG. I will be so excited when that day comes.

Tennis bracelet! I love mine. It's one of the best pieces of jewelry to own because you see it every time you look down. It glistens but it's not overly committed to any one trend, so it's easy to wear every day with whatever else you want to wear that day.

Thank you so much ladies!!! I really appreciate the great advice. I am still flirting with my possibilities but seem to lean toward the bracelet.
If I did the solitaire pendant, it would be approximately 1 carat but a superior color D-E-F and close to flawless.
If I did the bracelet, I would look toward 4-5 carats.
I'll keep you posted...

Solitaire, because I'd be paranoid about banging it an losing a stone and because I prefer understated jewelry and would feel self-concioud in a diamond tennis bracelet (although I think the older one is, the easier it is to pull off).

I vote for the bracelet. I would love to own a tennis bracelet one day. I currently wear four DBTY bracelets and I hardly take them off. They are money well spent indeed. A one carat solitaire is nice too but for pendants, I would prefer to get something that is not a solitaire. I own several diamond pendants and I hardly wear my solitiare pendant. I wear my multi stone DBTY, heart, Victoria, infinity and other pendants which I think are more fun.