Bag storage vs display

kmatt33

Oct 24, 2016
I love my bags and would love to display them when not in use (they would be stuffed). I just am not sure if it is wise to not have them in their dust bags. I was thinking maybe a shelving unit with glass doors may be an option. Thoughts?

Reactions: Baguettelady
I leave all my bags upright, lightly stuffed with chains appropriately wrapped (or removed and placed in the bag) on shelves in my closet by color - ROYGBIV. I've done so for yeeeeeeaaars and love looking at them when I'm choosing my outfit. Often a bag draws me in and inspires an outfit. :love:

I'm very particular about my bags and never have had any issues with dust or dirt. I have approx 26 bags and wear them all. So only evening / formal bags get relatively limited wear. And even those never get dusty. Not even a teeny bit. Nothing else in my closet gets dusty. Why would my bags be a special dust magnet? LOL!

I've read that while short term bags can be stored in their dustbags within their boxes (that's how Chanel stores and shipped them for sale) that long term it's bad for the bags. The leather can't breathe and the quilts on which they are resting can depuff.

I leave all my bags upright, lightly stuffed with chains appropriately wrapped (or removed and placed in the bag) on shelves in my closet by color - ROYGBIV. I've done so for yeeeeeeaaars and love looking at them when I'm choosing my outfit. Often a bag draws me in and inspires an outfit. :love:

I'm very particular about my bags and never have had any issues with dust or dirt. I have approx 26 bags and wear them all. So only evening / formal bags get relatively limited wear. And even those never get dusty. Not even a teeny bit. Nothing else in my closet gets dusty. Why would my bags be a special dust magnet? LOL!

I've read that while short term bags can be stored in their dustbags within their boxes (that's how Chanel stores and shipped them for sale) that long term it's bad for the bags. The leather can't breathe and the quilts on which they are resting can depuff.

How do you remove the chains?

just say no to boxes, lol .... i never use the boxes - they are bad for leather and canvas - and have slowly started to do away with dustbags too. i just store them upright and stuffed, with the chains pulled inside. i think seeing the bags = increased use for each one because it's not hidden away. storage does depend on your climate/closet set-up though, so take that into consideration when you select a method. i think a glass case would be a great way to display your items!