Did I get a returned bag from Louis Vuitton online?

Apr 17, 2009
Received my Favorite last night and it came with the chain and strap already attached on both sides I've seen unboxings with the strap in a plastic bag inside purse so just curious if this was likely a return?

I

I suppose it doesn't matter to me would just like to know
Maybe... Where do you think all the bags that are returned due to change of mind go? As long as its in perfect condition, I wouldn't worry. Mine was straight from the boutique in person and already had the chain attached. I wasn't bothered.

It must be disappointing to have seen the handle attached to the bag, as you don't need anything to spoil your unboxing experience (even if you're not filming it) and second guess your bag. I have never received a handbag, affordable or high end with the strap attached. In reality bags are returned all the time for many genuine reasons, but I would expect a Louis Vuitton that has been returned to be inspected and repackaged properly and it is unfortunate that this was not taken care of before being sent to you.

Just as Pebli said. As long as it's in perfect condition, I wouldn't worry.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Received my Favorite last night and it came with the chain and strap already attached on both sides I've seen unboxings with the strap in a plastic bag inside purse so just curious if this was likely a return?

Don't worry - a bag I ordered online recently came with everything attached to it as well. The strap, the shoulder pad, key bell, ID tag, lock and keys were all put on already. I returned the bag after my SA ordered the same exact bag for me, even though she didn't think she could get it for me, but it did in fact arrive. The bag she ordered came with everything still in plastic and not attached to the bag itself.

It's my belief that if you buy it online, they assume you might not know how to attach the straps, etc, without instruction on your own, so they just do it for you. Since you're buying it online, they assume you probably don't have access to a store or SA to tell you how to attach things, so they ship it all assembled for ease of use for you!

So, like others have said, if it isn't damaged and doesn't look used, you should be just fine!

Reactions: prepster
When I bought my Favorite (and also Pochette Accessoires) in the store, it also had the strap already attached. I don`t think this necessarily means that it was a returned bag. Since one end of the strap needs to be folded around the D-Ring, they might already attach it so customers are not confused on how to attach the strap without a clasp.