Experiences with gucci.com?

Sunna

Feb 1, 2012
I placed an order for the first time at gucci.com on the 15. of December, because they clearly stated that orders placed before the 19. would be delivered before Christmas. Just after that they sent me an e-mail,confirming my order. In the e-mail they said that they would notify me as soon as my order was shipped.
Yesterday I sent an e-mail to their customer-service asking if my order has been shipped. Have not heard anything from them, since the first e-mail confirming my order...
I am now really confused! Is their customer-service always like this?!? I order quite often online from other luxury brands, and find that gucci.com compared to what I am used to provides a customer service that certainly isn't what I was expecting.
So now I really have no idea if my item is shipped or if I will receive it before Christmas :sad:

Anyone who has experiences with gucci.com?

I placed an order for the first time at gucci.com on the 15. of December, because they clearly stated that orders placed before the 19. would be delivered before Christmas. Just after that they sent me an e-mail,confirming my order. In the e-mail they said that they would notify me as soon as my order was shipped.
Yesterday I sent an e-mail to their customer-service asking if my order has been shipped. Have not heard anything from them, since the first e-mail confirming my order...
I am now really confused! Is their customer-service always like this?!? I order quite often online from other luxury brands, and find that gucci.com compared to what I am used to provides a customer service that certainly isn't what I was expecting.
So now I really have no idea if my item is shipped or if I will receive it before Christmas :sad:

Anyone who has experiences with gucci.com?
Of all the luxury websites that I buy from online, Gucci is by far the worst when it come to customer service. I still buy from them because that's how I score rare sale items that may not be in stock in Toronto, but I've never had a truly good experience.

Before, it was the time it took to answer customer service calls. It would take from 20-40 minutes for them to answer my call. I wouldn't even bother emailing because it takes even longer for them to get back. One time, I waited 1 hour and 15 minutes before hanging up. I felt like my call went into this void.

Now they seem to have hired more people, but my recent Gucci purchase (a few weeks ago) didn't make the delivery date as promised, and I called to ask for a shipping refund and they gave some silly reason for why they won't (they said that it is a Canadian purchase and legally they cannot refund the shipping. Total lie. They were trying to confuse customs/duties with the shipping fee they charged). The purchase took a week longer because all the Canadian packages got stuck at customs because Gucci didn't assign a broker to properly clear the packages on time. It affected every Canadian sale purchase that was shipped out when the sale first started. I had to call back several times to see what was happening, and it should have been them trying to contact me to let me know that this delay was happening.

On top of that. Canadians pay a flat $40 shipping fee. All the other online websites I buy from ship for free. It's so petty to charge this fee for something so expensive.

And returns? So many brands offer free easy returns. Gucci makes you return sale items at your own expense. This is not what I consider luxury customer service.

Would I buy from them again? Probably, if they have a good deal on an item that I've been wanting for a while, and there was no other way for me to get it. However, there is so much they can improve on.

Reactions: SimplyB and j19
You probably don't want to hear my story! But I do have to say that my experience might be isolated and that I might just have bad luck.

I don't remember the exact dates, but I ordered a pair of Gucci Marmont shoes at the beginning of April. The website indicated that the shoes were on backorder but my order would be delivered in about 2 weeks. I received an order confirmation that indicated the same delivery date.

About 6 weeks went by with no communication from Gucci.com, so I called. I was told the shoes were still in Italy and I would get them sometime soon. I won't go into all the details but I didn't get my shoes until mid-August and at no time did Gucci.com communicate to me. I called about every 4 weeks and was always given vague answers from customer service, although they were really nice.

But that's not all. I didn't wear my shoes immediately -- and in fact I didn't even try them on when I got them as I have another pair of the same style and knew my size. Imagine my surprise when I pulled them about 6 weeks after I received them and discovered that the pair I received were different sizes. One was a 38 -- the size I ordered-- and one was a 37 1/2.

At that point I was done with Gucci.com. I contacted them and they were very nice and took the shoes back with no issues, but I won't order from them again.

Most of my experiences with Gucci.com have been pleasant. I will say that one time I ordered a SLG and they completely messed up the order and sent something else! The item they sent was of higher value so I didn't return it, but I was very surprised that they don't have a better system...

Ok weird story... First I have had good experiences with the two SLG that I have ordered in the last few months...but about a few weeks after my order the first time, my credit card was hacked by someone in France!
So my bank called me to see if I was in Paris.... I told them no!
So weird that the only purchase I had made in a very long time with this card was to Gucci.com.
I just ordered today, another item, so we shall see if my credit card gets compromised at all.

Ok weird story... First I have had good experiences with the two SLG that I have ordered in the last few months...but about a few weeks after my order the first time, my credit card was hacked by someone in France!
So my bank called me to see if I was in Paris.... I told them no!
So weird that the only purchase I had made in a very long time with this card was to Gucci.com.
I just ordered today, another item, so we shall see if my credit card gets compromised at all.

Wow! That is very questionable!
All of my Gucci items that I have ordered shipped directly from Secaucus, NJ and my charges on my banking are all labeled as domestic, not international. Hope this helps some!

Wow! That is very questionable!
All of my Gucci items that I have ordered shipped directly from Secaucus, NJ and my charges on my banking are all labeled as domestic, not international. Hope this helps some!
Hi,
Yes, mine were from NJ too. I just thought the timing was weird. They sent me a new banking card, so it's ok.
I guess you can get hacked anywhere now!

Thank you for all your replies!

Is there any way to cancel my order,since it probably hasn't been shipped yet?
I would imagine you can right on the website, using the contact us feature.

Honestly I buy 99% online from them and I have never had a problem. Everything has come in two days, with free shipping. Not one hiccup. Now for the record I don't buy frequently, I'd say 3 times a year but that has been consistent over years.

Reactions: chloebagfreak
mkr; I am happy to hear that you have positive experiences with gucci.com!

I still haven't heard anything from them,so I have now emailed them asking to cancel my order based on their complete lack of customer service.

Of all the luxury websites that I buy from online, Gucci is by far the worst when it come to customer service. I still buy from them because that's how I score rare sale items that may not be in stock in Toronto, but I've never had a truly good experience.

Before, it was the time it took to answer customer service calls. It would take from 20-40 minutes for them to answer my call. I wouldn't even bother emailing because it takes even longer for them to get back. One time, I waited 1 hour and 15 minutes before hanging up. I felt like my call went into this void.

Now they seem to have hired more people, but my recent Gucci purchase (a few weeks ago) didn't make the delivery date as promised, and I called to ask for a shipping refund and they gave some silly reason for why they won't (they said that it is a Canadian purchase and legally they cannot refund the shipping. Total lie. They were trying to confuse customs/duties with the shipping fee they charged). The purchase took a week longer because all the Canadian packages got stuck at customs because Gucci didn't assign a broker to properly clear the packages on time. It affected every Canadian sale purchase that was shipped out when the sale first started. I had to call back several times to see what was happening, and it should have been them trying to contact me to let me know that this delay was happening.

On top of that. Canadians pay a flat $40 shipping fee. All the other online websites I buy from ship for free. It's so petty to charge this fee for something so expensive.

And returns? So many brands offer free easy returns. Gucci makes you return sale items at your own expense. This is not what I consider luxury customer service.

Would I buy from them again? Probably, if they have a good deal on an item that I've been wanting for a while, and there was no other way for me to get it. However, there is so much they can improve on.

Do you have to pay customs fees when it comes to Canada? Or does Gucci cover that? Trying to decide if I will buy online or in Toronto.

Finally I got a reply!! They sent me an email saying that they had emailed me 16.12 to notify me that the item I ordered were out of stock. Such a pity that I never got that email!!

Do you have to pay customs fees when it comes to Canada? Or does Gucci cover that? Trying to decide if I will buy online or in Toronto.
I do not have to pay customs fees when it arrives, but companies like Luisaviaroma (with superior customer service) have offered that for years (and with free shipping + returns) so it's not impressive by any means.

MatchesFashion and Farfetch all offer duties paid, and their customer service is so much better than Gucci.com.

Finally I got a reply!! They sent me an email saying that they had emailed me 16.12 to notify me that the item I ordered were out of stock. Such a pity that I never got that email!!

You're kind to believe them. My one and only experience with them was truely a let down. My online order wasn't processed properly and I had to call. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with them as they had to re do the whole order. I had wanted a gift card and the sentence on the card contained the word 'You're' when I started to explain that I wanted the contraction You are and not Your she got snippy and cut me off. Of course it was misspelt and the packaging had bar codes on it and looked like something off a table at Kohls. Just a poor experience.

Reactions: Rosie234
I haven't had any problem placing orders on Gucci.com but I have received awful customer service when I tried to get two items repaired after I received them damaged. The items were both sold out so I couldn't get a simple exchange. It was terrible and left me with a real sour taste in my mouth. I know they handle huge volumes but it sure didn't feel like a "luxury experience."