Replacement - need help deciding!

Sonmi999

Backpack lover
Jul 4, 2016
Hello!

As some of you know, my Pochette Métis infrarouge had canvas issues, so I contacted the manager from my local store and she sent pictures to the quality control department. I'll probably have an answer to that tomorrow and I believe they will give me store credit, but I'm having a hard time thinking about other bag to replace it. I was very eager to buy the Pochette Métis in the regular monogram before, but I confess I'm feeling kinda bummed towards it because of this issue of the infrarouge (I know these are totally different canvases, but I'm just not particularly enthusiastic with this model at the moment). So I thought about asking to see a Duomo Hobo and a Caïssa Hobo, but I already have a Delightful MM in DE that I looooove to bits and I don't know if one of these would be overkill. Can you give me your opinions on this matter? Or maybe suggest another bag for me to take a look at (that has a similar price point to the infrarouge PM)?
TIA!

Did you end up getting the world tour speedy?

Otherwise I personally would still go for the classic PM, I remember seeing your pics and it just suited you so well.

I like the Caissa hobo the most but it's so similar to the delightful. Personally not a fan of the duomo.

BUT what about something totally different! Like the caissa clutch.

The Duomo Hobo is amazing!!! I had the Delightful DE first and loved it, but once I got the Duomo there was no comparison and I sold the Delightful. The Duomo is so light and soft, it's better made IMO and so pretty! It's light to carry and definitely a good size. I saw a major difference between these two bags. It's definitely one of my favorite bags and I was never a big fan of DE previously.

Did you end up getting the world tour speedy?

Otherwise I personally would still go for the classic PM, I remember seeing your pics and it just suited you so well.

I like the Caissa hobo the most but it's so similar to the delightful. Personally not a fan of the duomo.

BUT what about something totally different! Like the caissa clutch.
I didn't get the Speedy B WT... I figured I'd end up getting tired of it as time goes by :sad:
I still like the PM. I'll try it again when I return to the store... maybe this feeling I have now will go away. It is indeed a very pretty and spacious bag. But there's always the possibility that I won't feel like bringing it home with me...
I personally find the Duomo Hobo more similar to the Delightful than the Caissa Hobo, but I agree, they all look similar. I decided to wear my Deligtful when I go to the store so I can better compare the bags. I find both the Duomo and the Caissa super gorgeous and luxurious, but I just love my Delightful so much... and I think it looks more casual. The good thing about the Duomo is the added security provided by the zipper, but I'd have to check if that would annoy me to get in and out of the bag.
I don't know, I'm really confused right now...
I find the Caissa Clutch very beautiful, it's just not really my style... and I find it much more formal, I don't think I'd get much use out of it.
Thank you for your opinions ❤️
The Duomo Hobo is amazing!!! I had the Delightful DE first and loved it, but once I got the Duomo there was no comparison and I sold the Delightful. The Duomo is so light and soft, it's better made IMO and so pretty! It's light to carry and definitely a good size. I saw a major difference between these two bags. It's definitely one of my favorite bags and I was never a big fan of DE previously.
Thanks for your input!! I've always had my eye on the Duomo, but I could never justify buying it, since I have the Delightful, but I never stopped admiring it from afar. I'm considering the possibility now because I'm kinda clueless about what to do with the store credit. Even if I do purchase the Duomo or the Caïssa Hobos, I feel like I wouldn't want to part with my Deligtful, because I think it looks more casual... but I'll evaluate that once I see the bags in person.

Go the speedy world tour :graucho:

It was actually the zip on the duomo that put me off... which is weird as I'm normally all about zips.

Good luck!!!
Thank you! ^_^
I fear that zipper will be hard to manage because it's a hobo bag... I'll definitely make sure to test is thoroughly.
And I'll try the Speedy WT again! You convinced me! :biggrin:

so you're not going to get a replacement for your pochette Metis but an exchange for something else? out of your 2 choices, I think the Caissa with the color trimming, off set the bag from looking too similar to your delightful. It can be dress up and the bag is super pretty. hope you find something you love. have fun shopping.

so you're not going to get a replacement for your pochette Metis but an exchange for something else? out of your 2 choices, I think the Caissa with the color trimming, off set the bag from looking too similar to your delightful. It can be dress up and the bag is super pretty. hope you find something you love. have fun shopping.
Unfortunately now I'm too afraid of the infrarouge canvas to consider getting a replacement :sad: This canvas is different from the regular one and I fear running into the same issue. I think you're right, the Caissa probably looks more different from the Delightful than the Duomo. Thanks for the input, doll :smile:

I think the Caissa is the prettiest hobo that LV makes. BUT you have to be careful and watch for wear of the colors glazing on the bottom as well as color transfer.

It's a good idea to take your Delightful since you love it. The Duomo hobo is a pretty bag, but the zippers may bug you. Put your stuff in it and try zipping and unzipping.

Personally I think the Pochette Metis looks like it was made for you. Have you considered the new reverse monogram PM?

I think the Caissa is the prettiest hobo that LV makes. BUT you have to be careful and watch for wear of the colors glazing on the bottom as well as color transfer.

It's a good idea to take your Delightful since you love it. The Duomo hobo is a pretty bag, but the zippers may bug you. Put your stuff in it and try zipping and unzipping.

Personally I think the Pochette Metis looks like it was made for you. Have you considered the new reverse monogram PM?
I do find this bag gorgeous! But I didn't know the colored glazing wears easily. Is it a bag that has to be babied? I tend not to baby my bags... I'm only careful about water and vachetta. About color transfer on the glazing, I saw a youtuber (LalaLV) saying that she managed to remove color transfer on her rose ballerine Caissa Hobo very easily with baby wipes, so I hope it's not an issue :P
I'll make sure to try the zippers of the Duomo Hobo. It usually bugs me when a bag is difficult to get in and out of, but who knows... I'll pay extra attention to that.
I did consider the reverse monogram, I think it's really beautiful! However, the impression on the reverse mono flap of the one I saw at the store was kinda blurry and that deeply displeased me. When I return there, I'll ask to see one again... but I confess I'm kinda bummed at the Pochette Métis model itself... however, I'll definitely try it on again and maybe this feeling will go away.

Right now, I'm just angry with the fact they still didn't say anything! The manager said it would take up to 5 days, maybe less. Still no word until day 6, so I contacted her and she said it could actually take up to 7 days. Well, day 7 is ending (it's 9 pm here) and still no word. I am really angry!! I'll try to talk to her again tomorrow.

I think you should get the regular monogram canvas Pochette Metis. You were considering having both so I think thats a good indication about how you felt about it before the issue with the infarouge. Like you said, they are completely different canvases. Or, perhaps sit on the credit for a little while and let some time go by before you make a decision.

I think you should get the regular monogram canvas Pochette Metis. You were considering having both so I think thats a good indication about how you felt about it before the issue with the infarouge. Like you said, they are completely different canvases. Or, perhaps sit on the credit for a little while and let some time go by before you make a decision.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'm a little apprehensive about getting the regular PM also because it's a bag that has known issues (the glazing problems) and I seriously don't want to have to deal with their quality control department again :sad: I'm not having a great experience right now...
I'm not sure, but I believe they will give me credit to use at the same time. It's not usual for the stores here in Brazil to give you store credit for you to use later, but, if I can't make up my mind, I'll ask them if that's possible. At this point, I'm just hoping the quality control department will acknowledge my issue.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'm a little apprehensive about getting the regular PM also because it's a bag that has known issues (the glazing problems) and I seriously don't want to have to deal with their quality control department again :sad: I'm not having a great experience right now...
I'm not sure, but I believe they will give me credit to use at the same time. It's not usual for the stores here in Brazil to give you store credit for you to use later, but, if I can't make up my mind, I'll ask them if that's possible. At this point, I'm just hoping the quality control department will acknowledge my issue.

I think taking the credit for future use would be best, thst way you do not need to rush into anything. I vote for the reverse pochette Metis, I think it's interesting and plus it's still the PM style. Hope LV gets back to you soon with good news, It's crazy there are so many issues with bags to consider when purchasing.

Reactions: prepster
I think taking the credit for future use would be best, thst way you do not need to rush into anything. I vote for the reverse pochette Metis, I think it's interesting and plus it's still the PM style. Hope LV gets back to you soon with good news, It's crazy there are so many issues with bags to consider when purchasing.
Yes, that would sure be the best, this way I could think well about what I want to purchase... but I don't know if that will be possible :sad: I hope it will!

I do find this bag gorgeous! But I didn't know the colored glazing wears easily. Is it a bag that has to be babied? I tend not to baby my bags... I'm only careful about water and vachetta. About color transfer on the glazing, I saw a youtuber (LalaLV) saying that she managed to remove color transfer on her rose ballerine Caissa Hobo very easily with baby wipes, so I hope it's not an issue :P
I'll make sure to try the zippers of the Duomo Hobo. It usually bugs me when a bag is difficult to get in and out of, but who knows... I'll pay extra attention to that.
I did consider the reverse monogram, I think it's really beautiful! However, the impression on the reverse mono flap of the one I saw at the store was kinda blurry and that deeply displeased me. When I return there, I'll ask to see one again... but I confess I'm kinda bummed at the Pochette Métis model itself... however, I'll definitely try it on again and maybe this feeling will go away.

Right now, I'm just angry with the fact they still didn't say anything! The manager said it would take up to 5 days, maybe less. Still no word until day 6, so I contacted her and she said it could actually take up to 7 days. Well, day 7 is ending (it's 9 pm here) and still no word. I am really angry!! I'll try to talk to her again tomorrow.

Look up the Caissa on eBay and look at the pics of the colored glazing towards the bottom of the bag. I bought this bag the day it was released in the Rose Ballerine. There was the issue right away with the screws so I carried it for a week or two before I returned it. I didn't wear it with dark jeans but every day I had to wipe the edging down. It was already starting to thin out on the edges of the glazing. And that was with me babying it and being careful where I sat it.

I'm so sorry you are having this issue and I don't blame you for being mad. I carried my reverse monogram PM yesterday and the more I look at it the more I love it!!!!

Let us know what you bring home!!