HELP! USPS parcel locker problem

Sunshine05

Mar 1, 2016
Hello everyone,

I ordered 3 items from Ebay. USPS tracking shows that yesterday all the 3 were delivered into the parcel locker. I live in a large apartment complex thas has parcel lockers. If someone sends me something that doesn't fit in my mailbox, they put it in the parcel locker and then they put the key to open it in my mailbox.

Anyway, there is no key in my mailbox to open the parcel locker. The mail carrier either forgot to put the key in my mailbox or he/she accidentally put the key into someone else's mailbox. I even called the leasing office to check if by any chance my packages were there (sometimes they get delivered there when they are too big for the mailbox), but they weren't in the leasing office either.

I know what time the mail carrier delivers mail to the mailboxes of my apartment complex. Is it ok if I just show up and talk to him/her? What should I say/bring?

Sorry I'm not familiar with this process.

Thanks for answering!

Hello everyone,

I ordered 3 items from Ebay. USPS tracking shows that yesterday all the 3 were delivered into the parcel locker. I live in a large apartment complex thas has parcel lockers. If someone sends me something that doesn't fit in my mailbox, they put it in the parcel locker and then they put the key to open it in my mailbox.

Anyway, there is no key in my mailbox to open the parcel locker. The mail carrier either forgot to put the key in my mailbox or he/she accidentally put the key into someone else's mailbox. I even called the leasing office to check if by any chance my packages were there (sometimes they get delivered there when they are too big for the mailbox), but they weren't in the leasing office either.

I know what time the mail carrier delivers mail to the mailboxes of my apartment complex. Is it ok if I just show up and talk to him/her? What should I say/bring?

Sorry I'm not familiar with this process.

Thanks for answering!

You should definitely have a conversation with him/her & hopefully that will jog their memory as to what might have happened to your packages or the key

Reactions: Sunshine05
You should definitely have a conversation with him/her & hopefully that will jog their memory as to what might have happened to your packages or the key

Absolutely ask the carrier. Print out the tracking info to show him. It might just be all the lockers were full and he had to bring it back today. Good luck!!

I got my packages, all the 3 of them! :amuse: It turned out that the mail carrier forgot the key yesterday. By the time I got there to ask about my packages, she had already put the parcel locker key in my mailbox. So everything is fine! Thanks for the help guys!