My first Dior: My Lady Dior or Diorama? Please help!

NHY

O.G.
Dec 20, 2011
Hi there, I am hoping to purchase my first Dior bag soon and was set on the My Lady Dior bag in red. But, went to the boutique 2 days ago and I fell in love with the medium sized Diorama micro-cannage in Rose Gold.

IMG_1481864183.370831.jpg

IMG_1481864200.987764.jpg

I love My Lady Dior for its versatility (looks casual with thick strap + pins and elegant without using the top handle) but the Diorama micro-cannage is SO Pretty!

I rarely go for any formal events and wear jeans all the time. Will the shiny micro-cannage suits the casual girl lifestyle?

Or should I just get My Lady Dior? [emoji51] Your opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance [emoji1]

Hi there, I am hoping to purchase my first Dior bag soon and was set on the My Lady Dior bag in red. But, went to the boutique 2 days ago and I fell in love with the medium sized Diorama micro-cannage in Rose Gold.

View attachment 3549413

View attachment 3549414

I love My Lady Dior for its versatility (looks casual with thick strap + pins and elegant without using the top handle) but the Diorama micro-cannage is SO Pretty!

I rarely go for any formal events and wear jeans all the time. Will the shiny micro-cannage suits the casual girl lifestyle?

Or should I just get My Lady Dior? [emoji51] Your opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance [emoji1]

If it were me, I'd get the red Lady Dior. It's a classic.
Sleep on it and see which bag really makes your heart sing.

If it were me, I'd get the red Lady Dior. It's a classic.
Sleep on it and see which bag really makes your heart sing.

Thank you [emoji4] I've slept on it for the last 2 nights and all I could think off, is the Diorama - When I clearly know that My Lady Dior suits my lifestyle better AND is a classic.

I am definitely falling in love with something that I know won't really work for me. Sigh [emoji51] I wish I can get both, but that's impossible [emoji57]

I think Dior bags are classy in that they'll suit any occasion, I vote for the micro-Cannage Diorama! It's definitely versatile enough to dress up a casual outfit and at a whim can be used in the evening

Thank you [emoji4] I've slept on it for the last 2 nights and all I could think off, is the Diorama - When I clearly know that My Lady Dior suits my lifestyle better AND is a classic.

I am definitely falling in love with something that I know won't really work for me. Sigh [emoji51] I wish I can get both, but that's impossible [emoji57]
I vote for the red My Lady Dior. It is timeless and will serve you for years and years to come.

The Diorama is beautiful but it is nowhere near as iconic as the Lady Dior, and the metallic finish on the perforated micro-Cannage leather has a tendency to peel over time with use as some members here have experienced.

Reactions: lvlove707
I'm a bit biased since the Lady Dior is one of my favorite bags of all time (especially in that gorgeous red color! Wow!) but as another member said, go for the one that makes your heart sing

I think Dior bags are classy in that they'll suit any occasion, I vote for the micro-Cannage Diorama! It's definitely versatile enough to dress up a casual outfit and at a whim can be used in the evening

I vote for the red My Lady Dior. It is timeless and will serve you for years and years to come.

The Diorama is beautiful but it is nowhere near as iconic as the Lady Dior, and the metallic finish on the perforated micro-Cannage leather has a tendency to peel over time with use as some members here have experienced.

I'm a bit biased since the Lady Dior is one of my favorite bags of all time (especially in that gorgeous red color! Wow!) but as another member said, go for the one that makes your heart sing

Thank you everyone for your opinion :smile: I'll head down to the boutique again, soon and have a look!

Take some mod shots of both bags on you.... let us see okie?
I'm leaning towards the red cos it's so lovely and looks more suitable for a casual look compared to the diorama you are eyeing. Plus I so love the badges!