What is the best experience for a Gucci pre-order?

balletgal

May 28, 2014
Hello fellow Gucci lovers!

Need some advice. Looking to buy a Gucci Bengal tiger bag from the new collection, so excited! However, I was hoping to have the bag for an upcoming trip that starts on Jan 3. However, I see the bag is on pre-order on gucci.com and "ships between 12/19 and 1/31". What has been your experience with gucci.com pre-orders? Do they normally ship pretty early or pretty late? I have tried to call online customer service a few times to ask directly but only to be on hold for more than 15 minutes. Or should I buy through a Gucci store associate? What is the best route in your opinion to increase the likelihood of me getting the bag on time?

Thank you for any tips and advice you may have! Much appreciated.

Hello fellow Gucci lovers!

Need some advice. Looking to buy a Gucci Bengal tiger bag from the new collection, so excited! However, I was hoping to have the bag for an upcoming trip that starts on Jan 3. However, I see the bag is on pre-order on gucci.com and "ships between 12/19 and 1/31". What has been your experience with gucci.com pre-orders? Do they normally ship pretty early or pretty late? I have tried to call online customer service a few times to ask directly but only to be on hold for more than 15 minutes. Or should I buy through a Gucci store associate? What is the best route in your opinion to increase the likelihood of me getting the bag on time?

Thank you for any tips and advice you may have! Much appreciated.

Usually Gucci cover themselves by giving such a long estimate. Most items come earlier rather than later BUT Christmas is a very busy period. I tried calling the online help today 4 times and never got through once. You best bet is to use the 'contact us' email (bottom of the site) and write to them but you may well get the standard answer. I can't give you any other assurance I'm afraid.

From my recent experience it might be a bit touch and go with either Gucci or a big store at the moment - Gucci is just so popular now.
Until recently (the last 6 - 9 months) I've done a few pre-orders with Gucci and the items arrived earlier than anticipated, within a week to ten days.
Then a few months ago I cancelled a Gucci.com pre-order because after two months and the expected arrival continually being pushed further out I ran out of patience and was refunded.
Just last week a pre-ordered, pre-paid for bag I'd ordered through a big store back in September (for delivery late September) was cancelled by the store. The anticipated arrival of the bag kept being pushed out but ultimately Gucci advised that they couldn't supply the bag at all and the store refunded me. Very disappointed but these things happen.
So I'd be super cautious with pre-orders for popular items at the moment, especially so at Christmas & New Year. Perhaps find out if your bag is actually physically in stock somewhere before you order?
Good luck with it - I hope you get your bag in time!

Thank you thank you thank you so much for the advice!!!! I ended up getting ahold of someone at gucci.com (tip: call right when they open) and they advised that ONE bag was physically in stock at the Gucci in Las Vegas. I called right after and they mailed it to me!!!! I will do a separate reveal here in a few days (will "officially" open it on Christmas). The Gucci bengal collection is so beautiful!!!!!

Reactions: Straight-Laced
From my recent experience it might be a bit touch and go with either Gucci or a big store at the moment - Gucci is just so popular now.
Until recently (the last 6 - 9 months) I've done a few pre-orders with Gucci and the items arrived earlier than anticipated, within a week to ten days.
Then a few months ago I cancelled a Gucci.com pre-order because after two months and the expected arrival continually being pushed further out I ran out of patience and was refunded.
Just last week a pre-ordered, pre-paid for bag I'd ordered through a big store back in September (for delivery late September) was cancelled by the store. The anticipated arrival of the bag kept being pushed out but ultimately Gucci advised that they couldn't supply the bag at all and the store refunded me. Very disappointed but these things happen.
So I'd be super cautious with pre-orders for popular items at the moment, especially so at Christmas & New Year. Perhaps find out if your bag is actually physically in stock somewhere before you order?
Good luck with it - I hope you get your bag in time!
Hi! Did you place the order through gucci.com or did you call customer service to have them order it for you? I'm trying to order the Guccighost tote and customer service said I have to preorder because they have to handmake it first in italy before they ship it out. I'm just trying to figure out if it's faster to do it online or over the phone?

Hi! Did you place the order through gucci.com or did you call customer service to have them order it for you? I'm trying to order the Guccighost tote and customer service said I have to preorder because they have to handmake it first in italy before they ship it out. I'm just trying to figure out if it's faster to do it online or over the phone?

Apologies for the late response - I hope you have your tote order sorted out by now.
When I do a pre-order I talk to CS to get more information about probable arrival time and if I'm satisfied with their advice then I place the order online.

Apologies for the late response - I hope you have your tote order sorted out by now.
When I do a pre-order I talk to CS to get more information about probable arrival time and if I'm satisfied with their advice then I place the order online.

Thank you for the info! I went ahead and placed the order online but after my order went through I went back to look to see if it was still on the site. AND IT'S GONE! I don't know if that means I got the last one or if it means my order will get cancelled [emoji24]

Thank you for the info! I went ahead and placed the order online but after my order went through I went back to look to see if it was still on the site. AND IT'S GONE! I don't know if that means I got the last one or if it means my order will get cancelled [emoji24]

Well I would definitely call CS at this point to establish the status of the online order.