Reissue 225 or Chanel medium flap?

baybay0359

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
Hey guys,

I need some help choosing my next bag! I am considering the Reissue 225 or Chanel medium flap but cannot make up my mind. I love the reissue because it can go cross body (I think?), long strap and double. The medium flap I feel like I can only wear it single chained (double looks weird on me) but at the same time I love lamb leather.

Which would you recommend?

I have both but the reissue 225 will always be a winner for me! Yes, it can be worn crossbody. The classic aged calf is very supple and feels very luxurious as well.

Reactions: ittybitty
I have both and the 225 is hands down my favorite. It's lighter, holds more and I personally find the strap more comfortable. My classic flap has rarely been used since I got my reissue,

IMG_1481257482.528701.jpg
I honestly can't decide which one I like better, the classic flap is a must have, the Reissue is subtle and more versatile.

I guess I would still choose the classic flap over the Reissue, especially the m/l size, there's just nothing about the bag that I don't like. I even prefer the strap length, classic flaps are not meant to be wore as crossbody, shoulder bags are more elegant IMO.

I hardly ever wear my M/L flap anymore because of the strap and not being able to wear it crossbody. It looks a bit conservative to me these days. Right now I'm on the Reissue train as I just purchased a 224 :smile:

Reactions: BUIGOVA
View attachment 3543541
I honestly can't decide which one I like better, the classic flap is a must have, the Reissue is subtle and more versatile.

I guess I would still choose the classic flap over the Reissue, especially the m/l size, there's just nothing about the bag that I don't like. I even prefer the strap length, classic flaps are not meant to be wore as crossbody, shoulder bags are more elegant IMO.

Nanciii, I am in love with your chevron reissue!! What season was that? Also, do you find that you can fit the same in the classic flap as in the reissue?

View attachment 3543541

Thank you for your thought!! I absolutely love that chevron!

I hardly ever wear my M/L flap anymore because of the strap and not being able to wear it crossbody. It looks a bit conservative to me these days. Right now I'm on the Reissue train as I just purchased a 224 :smile:

Do you know if the strap on the 224, 225, and 226 are all the same?... and congrats on your new bag!!

Nanciii, I am in love with your chevron reissue!! What season was that? Also, do you find that you can fit the same in the classic flap as in the reissue?

Thank you! I just purchased it last month, I started to see similar styles since June this year.

The m/l can actually fit more, cos it's a tiny bit longer than the 225. I prefer to keep the bottom of the Reissue curved and the bag flat like the original design, so the room is smaller.

View attachment 3543541

I love my classic flap and I wear it crossbody sometimes as well!

Reactions: BUIGOVA