Has Day had its day?

I've had sooo many Days over the years and let them all go. Now I'm feeling tempted again but... has this style had its day, do the Bal'ers think?
I could say the same about the First style. I adore it and that is what really matters. Day's a great atemporal hobo style and if you really feel tempted just get one and see if it still works for you :flowers:

I never knew about this style when it was still in production, discovered it this year and have 5 in my possession, and currently in the market for one more, this has become my 2nd most fave style (after BV hobo) and I don't think its time is over, for me it's just begun. It works amazingly well as a work bag, fits a ton and feels great worn over the shoulder, very convenient and all around great bag. Agree with @aalinne_72 get one, give it a try, i'm sure you'll fall in love again!

I never knew about this style when it was still in production, discovered it this year and have 5 in my possession, and currently in the market for one more, this has become my 2nd most fave style (after BV hobo) and I don't think its time is over, for me it's just begun. It works amazingly well as a work bag, fits a ton and feels great worn over the shoulder, very convenient and all around great bag. Agree with @aalinne_72 get one, give it a try, i'm sure you'll fall in love again!

Thanks so much for your input, Ksuromax and OhOhOh - I just looked through your collection... huge WoW!! Amazing!!
Could I please ask: how do you rate the Mulberry Daria Hobo? It's another I've been considering and may now choose either that or the Day.. pretty similar in size, shape & function methinks..

I had many Days which I sold, I still have one left and love it to bits. Roomy, casual, slouchy, what is not to love? I know most designers love structured bags right now, which are lovely, but I feel there is a place in my wardrobe for a Day. I am stalking one or two Days on the net and might add another one
I don't rate the Mulberry Daria, the spongy leather feels plasticky and I dislike the plaque
BTW, if I remember well you found the Day too large for your ?

Thanks so much for your input, Ksuromax and OhOhOh - I just looked through your collection... huge WoW!! Amazing!!
Could I please ask: how do you rate the Mulberry Daria Hobo? It's another I've been considering and may now choose
either that or the Day.. pretty similar in size, shape & function methinks..
Thank you :ty:
Re Daria, she's been with me for 3 days in a row, she is very beautiful, soft, supple pebbled leather, gorgeous deep colour and handy in wearing, but she is way smaller/less
roomy-er than Day.
I got it in June from M.com, last chance before they phased her out, I carry her quite often since then. I turned out to be a hobo gal, it works for me, but I wouldn't choose between Daria and Day, IMO they are quite different bags.

Last edited:
I had many Days which I sold, I still have one left and love it to bits. Roomy, casual, slouchy, what is not to love? I know most designers love structured bags right now, which are lovely, but I feel there is a place in my wardrobe for a Day. I am stalking one or two Days on the net and might add another one
I don't rate the Mulberry Daria, the spongy leather feels plasticky and I dislike the plaque
BTW, if I remember well you found the Day too large for your ?

Ikwym about the Daria, Loveheart - good that you reminded me!

And yes, I did find the Day too large but right now, ALL my bags are smallies and I need something more capacious, even if I don't use it every day..

Reactions: Loveheart
Re Daria, she's bben with me for 3 days in a row, she is very beautiful, soft, supple pebbled leather, gorgeous deep colour and handy in wearing, but she is way smaller/less room-eir than Day.
I got it in June from M.com, last chance before they phased her out, I carry her quite often since then. I turned out to be a hobo gal, it works for me, but I wouldn't choose between Daria and Day, IMO they are quite different bags.

Isn't it interesting that we are all so different with sometimes diametrically opposing views of the same bag! I had actually thought that the Daria Hobo and the Day were of similar measurements but I'd need to check that..

Re Daria, she's been with me for 3 days in a row, she is very beautiful, soft, supple pebbled leather, gorgeous deep colour and handy in wearing, but she is way smaller/less room-eir than Day.
P.S. my link is not updated, 5th Day is not yet added, Sapin green from 2006 is not yet there... ;)

Reactions: Indiana
Isn't it interesting that we are all so different with sometimes diametrically opposing views of the same bag! I had actually thought that the Daria Hobo and the Day were of similar measurements but I'd need to check that..
I will do a quick ref snaps for ya, anyway was going to swap... gimme few mins, be back soon ;)

Reactions: Indiana
Ok, here we go! This is Daria loaded with my stuff
She doesn't look or feel bulky, but definitely feels loaded, fit under arm is ok

Attachments

• IMG_20161207_210621.jpg
    IMG_20161207_210621.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 370