Your HERMES style...

Fishfood

Still Abby Fabby!!
O.G.
Oct 21, 2006
Did your style or dress change when you got your first... (or collection of!) Hermes?

I love how Hermes makes me wanna dress a little nicer in the morning, but I'm really talking about overall. The day to day. Do you skip the t-shirt and go for the blouse, or do you love how a Birkin, Kelly, GPT, Picotin, etc dresses that cute little t-shirt up?

Personally, I am kind of on the fence. Ms B made me ask :P

I totally changed.
I always make sure that I look very nice and put together when I leave the house. Before, not so much. Jeans and T-shirt was OK. Nowadays I hardly leave the house without a scarf (OK not when it's really hot). Even if it's just Jeans and a T, it has to look stylish nowadays, like Jeans and a T with a 'twist' ;).

I totally changed.
I always make sure that I look very nice and put together when I leave the house. Before, not so much. Jeans and T-shirt was OK. Nowadays I hardly leave the house without a scarf (OK not when it's really hot). Even if it's just Jeans and a T, it has to look stylish nowadays, like Jeans and a T with a 'twist' ;).

LoL I think thats where I see myself headed! And probably none too soon... I needed a style infusion! I'm asking because I was on a shopping ban for so long that after Ms B arrived I need to round out and fill in some of my wardrobe too, and I'm am at a DEAD STOP. :wtf:

What to get? More of the same? Bring Ms B and get her opinion? LoL sorry, I'm sure I'm not the only chick here who occasionally talks to her Birkin! Although I'm probably the first nutball who would admit it... :blush:

What to get? More of the same? Bring Ms B and get her opinion? LoL sorry, I'm sure I'm not the only chick here who occasionally talks to her Birkin! Although I'm probably the first nutball who would admit it... :blush:

Love this idea of getting Ms B's opinion! I might bring my bag along to see how things coordinate, but I wouldn't have thought of it in this fun way. Now I will always think of talking to my bag when I am standing in front of a mirror with it, lol

hello2703, that's exactly what I did; just started being more careful in how I arranged what I already had. I have been on a hunt for the perfect white shirt since I started wearing scarves, though.

My style hasn't changed but I do accessorize better since I have discovered H! In the summer, I have always worn a nice T with capris and sandals. Now, throw in a mousse, H watch and bangle and a mini Birkin and the outfit is complete. In the winter, my "standard" uniform is turtleneck, cashmere blazer, jeans and loafers or boots. Since falling in love with H, I added a big-girl scarf, same H watch and bangles and chevre Kelly or Bolide. Every outfit looks better with some Hermes!

Love this idea of getting Ms B's opinion! I might bring my bag along to see how things coordinate, but I wouldn't have thought of it in this fun way. Now I will always think of talking to my bag when I am standing in front of a mirror with it, lol

hello2703, that's exactly what I did; just started being more careful in how I arranged what I already had. I have been on a hunt for the perfect white shirt since I started wearing scarves, though.

Try Anne Fontaine shirts. They are PERFECTION!

I totally changed my look. I used to look like a student. Now I look like a student with a Hermes bag. lol

But it all came with the transition into professional life, I guess. ;)

I suppose i try a bit harder to dress better now!! where i live no-one is into the H scarves thing, so sometimes i feel waaaay too overdressed. i try to wear more simple things and let the scarves do the talking. Still no H bags yet!!!:sad::sad:

Raz, same here. Nobody knows Hermes here....
I prefer monochromatic cloths (without a pattern) and put on a nice scarf. Voila - dressed!
The one item I will seriously invest in/add to my wardrobe will be Chanel shoes.