Disgraceful quality in Saint Laurent bags!!!!!

Hi kiki, I'm from Germany too. May i ask which shop that was? was it fashionette? I have ordered the baby croc two times at f. and both times the bag had scratches.
Yes, I ordered at fashionette. It was perfect when it arrived. However, there are more and more scratches now in the leather. I really like the croc leather as well, but I heard aweful things about its quality. It's a shame. :sad:

So, I went to my local retailer the other day to have a good look at the Saint Laurent bags and I was appalled. They really don't look... expensive when you look at them closely. To me, it is not about the leather scratching. Certain kinds of leather can scratch easily without it having to do with the quality. But their leather just looks off. And in the pictures in this thread, more than scratches it looks like the surface of the leather is peeling off, like it is some sort of coating... Or layers... The prices are a joke. Sorry to say but there are premium brands that look better...

I have recently gotten a croc-embossed monogram satchel, and then I found this thread, which made me pretty sad. I can't return the bag, only exchange it. Is there anyone on here who had good experiences with their YSL bags? Are there certain leathers that are more durable than others? I am thinking of exchanging for a different bag maybe, so any help with regards to durability/quality is appreciated!

Reactions: Bee-licious
I have recently gotten a croc-embossed monogram satchel, and then I found this thread, which made me pretty sad. I can't return the bag, only exchange it. Is there anyone on here who had good experiences with their YSL bags? Are there certain leathers that are more durable than others? I am thinking of exchanging for a different bag maybe, so any help with regards to durability/quality is appreciated!
Same here. I was able to exchange my sac du jour. However, I am looking for a new simple bag. I also like the college bag, but not I am scared to by anything from YSL. Any help?

Dear all,
I have ordered a sac du jour croc (calf leather). I ordered this particular type because I thought it would last longer, stays good looking with the hard shape and doesn't get easily scratched.

My long awaited holy grail came with scratches (omg!) and I am therefore wondering if the croc gets easily scratched? The coating looks incredibly thin and I thought the bag is made out of thick leather. :/

Has anyone experience with the croc print? Any wear and tear reviews? Is the grainy leather better?View attachment 3515754

Thanks for the help.

I wonder if it got scraped or scratched along something abrasive (as the offending area is all in a line)?

how about the leather on the saint laurent shopping tote? Is it durable??
I am so tempting getting this bag but after reading all the leather problems on this thread and now i have doubt :hrmm: Please advice :confused1:

Same here. I was able to exchange my sac du jour. However, I am looking for a new simple bag. I also like the college bag, but not I am scared to by anything from YSL. Any help?
I just bought YSL college bag today. Transferred my stuff from Mulberry Medium Lily into the college bag and the strap broke! So disappointed

Yes, I ordered at fashionette. It was perfect when it arrived. However, there are more and more scratches now in the leather. I really like the croc leather as well, but I heard aweful things about its quality. It's a shame. :sad:
Hey girls, I am also from Germany and thinking to buy YSL at fashionette. Thats why I go to purse forum to do a research, but it seems the quality is really disappointing. Too bad, the bags are look sooo pretty!