Wanna see my new fortunyt spy?

Sushi789

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
I recently got a new (to me) fortuny spy I wanted to share. It's well broken in and super soft. I'm not sure what these bags are like when they're brand spankin' new, but I think the used ones are pretty fab!

Attachments

• bags 003.JPG
    bags 003.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 140
K- A gorgeous bag -- HOLOGRAM SPY :yahoo:!!

When not in use, I think you might want to store the bag "SAICH Style" by filling it with tissue papers - that will keep it looking nice. The bag is laser grooved leather, but be careful not to rub it against the grain too much or it will split up a bit...at least thats what they say...:sweatdrop: Although the turquoise coming thru is pretty when it splits.

Pretty bag, Have some Fun with IT!! :wlae::wlae::wlae:

Thanks everyone, and thanks baglady for the wonderful storage tips. I will definitely do that.

Unfortunately, she's not in pristine condition (even tho the seller sold it to me as in "like new" perfect condition:cursing:) and she does show some wear and splitting There's one little patch in the bottom corner where the bronze has worn off and it's just turq.

I was a little miffed that it was more worn than the seller admitted to, but the upside is that since it's not in perfect condition, I won't be afraid of wearing it and really enjoying it! I know these bags are delicate (even the fendi care card says so) so I'll be careful, but not as careful as I would have been if she was perfect to begin with, ya know?

Thanks everyone, and thanks baglady for the wonderful storage tips. I will definitely do that.

Unfortunately, she's not in pristine condition (even tho the seller sold it to me as in "like new" perfect condition:cursing:) and she does show some wear and splitting There's one little patch in the bottom corner where the bronze has worn off and it's just turq.

I was a little miffed that it was more worn than the seller admitted to, but the upside is that since it's not in perfect condition, I won't be afraid of wearing it and really enjoying it! I know these bags are delicate (even the fendi care card says so) so I'll be careful, but not as careful as I would have been if she was perfect to begin with, ya know?

K - here is a tip for a well worn Fortuny: fill it with tissue to maximum capacity. Get a very light leather conditioner, not the greasy kind, like Apple Leather Care and lightly dab it over the entire surface & smooth in, working the grooves of the leather back into place. Hang the bag up somewhere for a day or 2 to absorb it all...A lot of those wrinkles & irregulaties will smooth out...and a well abused Fortuny probably needs the nurturing...:yes:

K - here is a tip for a well worn Fortuny: fill it with tissue to maximum capacity. Get a very light leather conditioner, not the greasy kind, like Apple Leather Care and lightly dab it over the entire surface & smooth in, working the grooves of the leather back into place. Hang the bag up somewhere for a day or 2 to absorb it all...A lot of those wrinkles & irregulaties will smooth out...and a well abused Fortuny probably needs the nurturing...:yes:

Thanks for this tip! Are you saying I should use apple care, or something even less greasy? What would you recommend?

Baglady, you habve helped me in so many ways with your helpful information, so THANK YOU! :drinks:

Thanks for this tip! Are you saying I should use apple care, or something even less greasy? What would you recommend?

Baglady, you habve helped me in so many ways with your helpful information, so THANK YOU! :drinks:

If you have Apple care, that would be a good one to go with since it is designed for a number of unusual leathers like this. Also I think the supplier emailed me the other day & said they were have a sale. I have a big jug of it on hand at all times. I use another product for deep moisurizing & polishing, but Fortuny surface is a bit tricky, so would stick to a light product like Apple Care.