Food Anyone use a pressure cooker

I absolutely love pressure cookers and have been cooking in one for more than 30 years. My favorite brand is wmf. Fagor is also a good brand. If you get one for the stovetop, make sure it is stainless steel.

I have a stovetop pressure cooker (Fagor) and an electric (Breville). I hardly ever use the stovetop model any more but I got a lot of use from it before I bought the Breville. I love the convenience of the new cookers with "menu" settings that allow you to set and forget, plus there are some excellent cookbooks out that are geared to the electrics. If you are a serious cook you should not be without one!

I just got an Instant Pot on a whim when Amazon offered it as part of the Deal of the Day. So far, I love it. I've been making different kinds of Curried Chicken (Thai, Indian). It gets mixed reviews online, but so far so good for me!

51NfQjOesjL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My mom had a stovetop one while we were growing up and would make popcorn and all kinds of dinner foods with it.

I use an old school stovetop pressure cooker for soups, stews, currries and even chili. I'd really like to get an Instant Pot but we don't get them in my neck of the woods.

What do you plan on using your pressure cooker for?

3 months later and I'm still loving my IP pot, last night I use it to cook potatoes which I then mashed and used to make gnocchi, they were an epic fail. I'll be trying the gnocchi again this week, I don't like to be beaten by a recipe.
You need to BAKE potatoes for gnocchi.

If you use water to cook them, you'll have a soggy mess when you try to mix the gnocchi dough.