Statement from CHANEL, Inc.

Mar 16, 2006
I work in fashion and get the WWD - Women's Wear Daily - Newspaper everyday. In today's issue, taking up the whole back page, Chanel released a statement as follows in the attachment. I guess people have been misusing the Chanel name....

Attachments

• chanel.jpg
    chanel.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 761
I've seen that before. Every few years (annually?) they send out reminders about using the "Chanel" name.

Nevertheless, I haven't subscribed to WWD in years and I really appreciate you showing us this. I miss reading that paper and getting all the little insider tidbits. Thank you! :yes:

I've never heard of calling a jacket "chanel jacket" just because it looked like one, nor a bag. And I never heard the word "chanelized" either.:Push:

i hear it every now and then and definitely see it alot in WWD. I guess they're using Chanel as a reference. I used to work at Chanel, Inc as an intern last year and they never allowed us to even use our corporate email for personal use. Here at Christian Dior, they let us do anything. hehe. But then again, that's why Chanel is so exclusive.