My first Mulberry! (this time I mean it, really)

obscurity7

Aug 14, 2016
So I know we've been here before with the kite, and ya'll were so sweet about helping me out... only for me to change my mind. I loved the color, but the bag felt too light, not substantial. Some might argue that I went a little too far in the other direction this time, but I love my choice.

black delphie sm.jpg
Meet my new delphie! I loved the idea of having a black bag for when you need a black bag. Black is the standard, and incredibly versatile. The croc embossed leather felt like it could take a beating, and the chain makes the whole thing a bit more classy. But as we all know, the delphie lives a double life...

camel delphie sm.jpg
I was originally hesitant about the camel. I've never owned a bag in this color, and I wasn't sure what to pair it with. The irony is that seeing it in person, I like the camel far more than the black! There's something about the contrasting sides that makes the camel croc look even more chic. Regardless, I'm in love! (finally)

hidden surprise loewe sm.jpg
Even better, there's enough room in the delphie for my *other* splurge: a luscious lambskin Loewe wallet. With a tassel! I bought it at the Loewe outlet outside of Barcelona for a relative steal. It really needed a structured bag because otherwise those lovely jagged edges would get destroyed.

And yes, I really took my bag outside and photographed it in the backyard because the light was lovely and what's the point of having a Birkin's worth of camera equipment if you don't use it? ;) I've spent the last decade amassing quite the arsenal of photography gear, so I figure I'll spend this decade amassing handbags.

Wow! What struck me first were your amazing pictures, far nicer than anything mulberry produce. I too love the camel colour, it really suits this bag. I have to say that I haven't given much thought to the Delphie but your pics make me want to look. She's a lovely shape, love your Loewe wallet too. Thanks for sharing.,

Reactions: Evia and obscurity7
Lovely bag and wallet, and amazing photos! The Delphie looks really well made, Mulb. should use your photos for their website! They're great! More often than not, their website photos don'the do the bags justice.

Reactions: obscurity7
So I know we've been here before with the kite, and ya'll were so sweet about helping me out... only for me to change my mind. I loved the color, but the bag felt too light, not substantial. Some might argue that I went a little too far in the other direction this time, but I love my choice.

View attachment 3491450
Meet my new delphie! I loved the idea of having a black bag for when you need a black bag. Black is the standard, and incredibly versatile. The croc embossed leather felt like it could take a beating, and the chain makes the whole thing a bit more classy. But as we all know, the delphie lives a double life...

View attachment 3491451
I was originally hesitant about the camel. I've never owned a bag in this color, and I wasn't sure what to pair it with. The irony is that seeing it in person, I like the camel far more than the black! There's something about the contrasting sides that makes the camel croc look even more chic. Regardless, I'm in love! (finally)

View attachment 3491452
Even better, there's enough room in the delphie for my *other* splurge: a luscious lambskin Loewe wallet. With a tassel! I bought it at the Loewe outlet outside of Barcelona for a relative steal. It really needed a structured bag because otherwise those lovely jagged edges would get destroyed.

And yes, I really took my bag outside and photographed it in the backyard because the light was lovely and what's the point of having a Birkin's worth of camera equipment if you don't use it? ;) I've spent the last decade amassing quite the arsenal of photography gear, so I figure I'll spend this decade amassing handbags.
GORGEOUS!! WOOHOO! I certainly remember this style but why the heck didn't I pay much attention to it? I LOVE yours & how you show both color versions,,,love both colors equally! And yay for you using your nice camera equipment outside...I usually take my photo's outside too! Congrats on your awesome new Delphie!:flowers::heart:

Thank you so much everyone for your kind comments. If anyone from Mulberry is lurking around, let's talk! ;)

I feel like a fur pom would be a great addition to the bag, something to make it a little more playful. And I'm glad a few more folks are now looking at the Delphie with fresh eyes. Like I said, it's not a light bag, and it's definitely designed for a car lifestyle rather than a city walking lifestyle... but most of the bags I own are really practical, and I wanted something more aspirational. If that makes any sense! LOL

Reactions: Evia
Lovely bag and wallet, and amazing photos! The Delphie looks really well made, Mulb. should use your photos for their website! They're great! More often than not, their website photos don'the do the bags justice.
You're not kidding - Mulberry's photos are consistently dreadful :yucky: I never dismiss a bag style without seeing it myself or on here, because the website photos never do the bags justice!

Stunning bag!! Indeed, it looks great in camel! :tup:

View attachment 3491450

View attachment 3491451

View attachment 3491452

Your amazing photos of the lovely Delphie made the Purseform roundup, congrats! Vlad should seriously consider hiring you, your photos are very good! ( as i have already said :biggrin:)
So they have, my goodness. I honestly have no idea how they wade through thousands of posts every week to find ones to highlight. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments and compliments, and if you're in the US, they still have some Delphies at the outlet. :biggrin:

Reactions: Alex R