San Francisco Hermes Store

Just a thought...maybe the SA has a waiting list for Birkins and was going to let another customer "see" it before it gets released to the general public.

Just thinking maybe it wasn't personal.

shopmom--I'm glad you're getting the wallet from another boutique location. There is no reason for SA's (from any store) to be rude. It makes me wonder what my pending first H visit will be like in the future?

In my case I told them I just wanted to try it on for size reference...I wasn't buying that day. :shrugs: But it's ok, I just shake my head at some of the stuff they do and laugh it off. I don't take it personally. I think of it as the quirkiness of SF H. ;) Oh and the Security guard is so nice! He and my SA are the only reasons I still buy there. :yes:

CB, you should have been able to try it on for sizing! And that comment about the sale, is honestly disgusting. This behavior should be brought to the attention of the N.A. headquarters (obviously the internal management is useless)...it is clearly an on going issue and I am sure that Mr. Chavez would not want this reputation developing around the SF store.

I go to the SF store and have had generally good experiences. My initial SA experience there was a no no however (and I switched, I don't even see him there anymore so he may have left). I do think that SF gets less of a variety of foot traffic (aka from tourists, etc) than NY does so they are most used to seeing their regulars, although that does not excuse or explain Shopmom's negative experience at all. :sad:

sf h is sorely lacking in inventory on the floor. not just bags but scarves as well. i've had to buy several scarves from neiman b/c sf was out. but overall, i've found the SAs to be friendly and helpful.

This is so odd hearing all these negative things about the sf store. I shop their frequently and they are ALWAYS super friendly and accomodating to me. I bring my dog in and they know us by name, and they all play with him and give him cookies. I have a regular SA that shows me, all the new stuff they get in. I haven't bought a terrible amount of stuff their, but they are always helpful.

Hi,

I am one of the ladies in waiting for a birkin from the SF store. I am just wondering if anyone here has been offered the birkin of your choice from the SF store? If so how long? Please share your expriences with me. Thanks!

Hi,

I am one of the ladies in waiting for a birkin from the SF store. I am just wondering if anyone here has been offered the birkin of your choice from the SF store? If so how long? Please share your expriences with me. Thanks!

Does the "your choice" mean everything including color,skin,size and hardware?