Whole new Style - no Hardware (2016)

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about it...is it just my eyes, or does the leather around the zipper look really poorly sewn?

I had the same impression, but it is just that the leather is as thick as the rest of the bag and since it is not slouch yet it tends to stay tight when you touch it. In this case i had just opened and closed the zipper.

I don't know if that makes sense.

I had the same impression, but it is just that the leather is as thick as the rest of the bag and since it is not slouch yet it tends to stay tight when you touch it. In this case i had just opened and closed the zipper.

I don't know if that makes sense.
It's interesting. I don't outright hate it the way I did that soulless thing without any hardware at all :lol:...I think I'd have to see it IRL. The zipper bothers me though.

Reactions: Summerfriend
I like it... I was about to pull the trigger on a small city but this one made me doubt. It is 100€ more expensive than the S City, so it's not really the price difference, it's just I think I might go for this one.

I could even live with the lack of hardware, if it didn't have those ridiculous HOLES FOR HARDWARE. The leather does look scrumptious, though.

On the other bag . . . I like it. I just find that I like the basic motorcycle bags and everything else that is some sort of variation on that theme falls a bit flat. If I'm going to get a Balenciaga, I want one that really LOOKS LIKE A BALENCIAGA. But that's just me. I do like the Papier totes a lot, but those are their own animal entirely, in my eyes.

I could even live with the lack of hardware, if it didn't have those ridiculous HOLES FOR HARDWARE. The leather does look scrumptious, though.

On the other bag . . . I like it. I just find that I like the basic motorcycle bags and everything else that is some sort of variation on that theme falls a bit flat. If I'm going to get a Balenciaga, I want one that really LOOKS LIKE A BALENCIAGA. But that's just me. I do like the Papier totes a lot, but those are their own animal entirely, in my eyes.
Totally agree...I'd take it even without hardware if it didn't have the damn holes! (also really like the Papier, but yes, it's it's own style).

Reactions: Summerfriend
Here it is!
The name is City Mute, this is the small size. My SA told me it will come in more colors and in all the classic City sizes.
What do you think?
View attachment 3448299
Oh my goodness...they took away the hardware, left holes, now theyve turned the bag inside-out!
Balenciaga! What have you done and what are you doing?[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Miraculously, I don't mind this in the weekender size. I completely detest it in the city size. As for the other new style... the.... mute? (what kind of name is that?)... at first blush it looks like a Rebecca Minkoff bag to me.
ITA! (Nods vehemently.)
Nothing. It looks like nothing. Very disappointing and leads me to guess it's mainly a way to cheap out.
They should perhaps call this the City Not.