Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

Ahhh!! I want one! (Been searching the forums for info on this bag). What country did you order from?

I ordered in Australia (where a Herbag - usually in etoupe or orange poppy atm - seems to pop up on the website every few weeks).

It's definitely a nice everyday/casual bag that you don't need to baby too much - recommend!

Hello dear TPFers,

I am thinking about buying a Herbag. I wonder if I can wash the canvas part of the bag if it gets dirty?Or even better toss it in a laundry machine (only wash, no drying)?

Just curious about how do you treat a Herbag. I own birkins and 1 Kelly. Every time I use them, I get very careful and scared of getting them dirty. So if a Herbag needs less attention, I would want to get one.

Thanks a lot.

sorry for the late reply.

You can bring the canvas to Hermès, they will clean it for you, at least in Europe they provide that service.

The earlier Herbags were ease to detach (and therefor to clean) but the Herbag zip is quite a hard thing to detach if not impossible (didn't try it yet).

Imho the B I have is easier to clean as the Herbag, this is why I use the Herbag less often.

Do you have a preferred colourway in mind? I really like the all black version!
Oh I really want the black... Just wanted to make 'sure' I NEEDED it before I purchased it. I don't want to return if I don't like it, since I'm not too familiar with their return process. Just have a feeling they are pretty strict so wanted to convince myself more before I bit the bullet

Reactions: Charee
sorry for the late reply.

You can bring the canvas to Hermès, they will clean it for you, at least in Europe they provide that service.

The earlier Herbags were ease to detach (and therefor to clean) but the Herbag zip is quite a hard thing to detach if not impossible (didn't try it yet).

You can detach at least part of it. One one side the round piece screws in. You unscrew it, then there is a detachable metal piece inside. You can then just slide the bar out the other side. You can do this to remove the long strap. You also have to dismantle the metal closure to get the sangles off. I haven't figured that part out yet.

Imho the B I have is easier to clean as the Herbag, this is why I use the Herbag less often.

Of course now it's not on the website... Will have to keep stalking to see when it pops up again!

Sorry Yogathlete.....it was me, I've been looking for one for ages. When the all black popped up, I snapped it up [emoji4].

I am fairly new to Hermes - mostly get bags from Chanel or Celine. I was interested in this bag because I like the look (a casual Kelly) and the price point. Can anyone shed some insight/thoughts on this bag? I tried searching the forums and didn't find much.

For those who already own, how do you like it? What is the current price point? Is it difficult to get (wait list, etc?)

Thank you!!

I think the Herbag is quite easy to get - once NYC Wall St boutique had several on display, bought one at Seoul airport (sold it without using it at all as I changed my mind), then recently I just bought a tomato red one as walk-in HK! Don't be shy to ask, my guess is that they'll show you if they have stock.