Going Vegan

I'm so glad I came across this thread. I've been doing some research on luxury vegan bags the past couple of weeks and some of these suggestions are helpful. :smile: I'm also curious about the difference in quality between a luxury vegan line vs what you'd find at Target. I recently acquired an Angela Roi palette bag and waiting to receive it. Dipping my toe before taking the plunge. I do like the look of Matt and Nat, but I find Angela Roi line to be a little more feminine, more appealing for me.

Pretty bag! When you receive it, let us know what you think of quality. BTW, what was the price on this bag?

Will do! I was able to snag this new with tag bag from an eBay seller. They dont currently offer it as it's an older model. I paid $55, but I think the retail price then was $65. It's a way for me to try out the brand without spending too much money. They just launched one that looks similar - Anya - which has more bells and whistle but I think that one is $155.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
So my Angela Roi Palette bag arrived this past Friday and I took it out for a test drive this weekend. First I have to say I love the rich color and it's the perfect size for me. It's smooth, very roomy, well constructed, simple/clean looking, and unlike my leather bags, I dont have to worry about water stains so that's a plus. The only con (and it's minor) is that I wish the strap was a little thicker, but I think it'll hold up. Again, the price point for this bag was $65 when they offered it so perhaps I shouldn't be so picky. But based on this bag, I will be purchasing other Angela Roi bags. :smile:

Attachments

• 1471936038008.jpg
    1471936038008.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 781
Last edited:
I mentioned that Angela Roi just released another style - Anya - over a week ago and it looks similar to the Palette, but it's a lot more substantial and the price is higher $155. I did a side by side comparison. As much as I like the Anya, I don't think I'll get it since the Palette looks too similar. I am eyeing a different bag, their Sunday Mini (another crossbody). Would love to get this, but I'm going to wait to see if they come out with a new tote. :smile:

Attachments

• 1471936866748.jpg
    1471936866748.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 753
  • 1471936889228.jpg
    1471936889228.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 709
  • 1471936899179.jpg
    1471936899179.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 851
So my Angela Roi Palette bag arrived this past Friday and I took it out for a test drive this weekend. First I have to say I love the rich color and it's the perfect size for me. It's smooth, very roomy, well constructed, simple/clean looking, and unlike my leather bags, I dont have to worry about water stains so that's a plus. The only con (and it's minor) is that I wish the strap was a little thicker, but I think it'll hold up. Again, the price point for this bag was $65 when they offered it so perhaps I shouldn't be so picky. But based on this bag, I will be purchasing other Angela Roi bags. :smile:

I mentioned that Angela Roi just released another style - Anya - over a week ago and it looks similar to the Palette, but it's a lot more substantial and the price is higher $155. I did a side by side comparison. As much as I like the Anya, I don't think I'll get it since the Palette looks too similar. I am eyeing a different bag, their Sunday Mini (another crossbody). Would love to get this, but I'm going to wait to see if they come out with a new tote. :smile:

Thanks for the update! The bag looks like the perfect size and you wear it well. I'll be keeping an eye on Angela Roi.

Read Vogue this morning and found a pic in an article about vegan bags...
The bag was from a vegan brand located in Poland. Its name is Alexandra K.
Anyway I visited their website and saw lots of lovely designs.
I think you should have a look ...
www.alexandrak.co

Thank you! Yes, I just checked out the site you recommended and these are beautiful bags, and I do love their 2 year warranty! Another great option!

I have three Angela Roi handbags and they are among the best vegan bags I've seen. I own two MOA totes and a morning crossbody. I've had my MOA's for over two years and with daily use, they have held up beautifully. I also own two Leni Penn totes which come in a variety of colors, textures and sizes. These totes are strong beautiful, made of vegan fabrics and hand sewn in Florida. :smile:

Looks like a very nicely made bag. Looks to be far far better quality then anything by Matt and Nat and for much less money. I will be sure to mention this bag to my friend. She is not vegan but is starting a vegetarian diet so leather is a no-no for her now.

Reactions: just1morelv