What is your favorite brand of trousers?

maxxout

O.G.
Mar 27, 2010
I love a great pair of trousers. For many years I bought trousers from Ann Demeuleemester but since she left the brand I haven't found a brand that is comparable, somewhat classic but with a little edge.
Trousers that are dressy are easy to find but trousers with a cool casual cut and casual fabric are more difficult.
What brand is your favorite?

Hi Mia Bella! Thanks for the reply. I will check out Helmut Lang from now on. And AW too. I remember your posts in the Bal forum and always loved your style. ❤️

Vince makes some good casual pants that could dbl as work pants if you order neutral colors, depending on field of work
Thank you for adding to my list. I don't need work pants , I just like menswear. I wear pants for everything. Just don't care for skirts and dresses at this time. So all these brands are really helpful.
Thank you!

Gucci, Joseph and M&S

Thank you to all who have listed brands.❤️. It's so helpful. I recently got a pair of Annette Gortz trousers that are a linen blend and really like them. Also a slim version of the Row. I'm keeping a list of every brand that you all have mentioned.

Papertiger , who is M&S? Never thought of Gucci but will go to their store in Beverly Hills next time I'm in LA. I bought a top from Joseph ages ago and forgot about that brand. Will look into that too. Thank you!

Thank you to all who have listed brands.❤️. It's so helpful. I recently got a pair of Annette Gortz trousers that are a linen blend and really like them. Also a slim version of the Row. I'm keeping a list of every brand that you all have mentioned.

Papertiger , who is M&S? Never thought of Gucci but will go to their store in Beverly Hills next time I'm in LA. I bought a top from Joseph ages ago and forgot about that brand. Will look into that too. Thank you!

Gucci's a bit 'fashion forward' at the moment, I hope there are still some staples to be found among the statements.

M&S= Marks and Spencer - but they have to be the right ones. They have pointless devisions of in-house brands, most of them are mediocre. Go for M&S Collection (basics/workwear - cotton/2% elastane cropped trousers were great and I bought navy and black). Autograph (their premium range) and Best of British (made in the UK) are usually good too - sometimes it's a joy to have machine washable clothes.

If you like/d AD (a label I also loved for years and years) I'd look at Helmut Lang and Joseph first

Gucci's a bit 'fashion forward' at the moment, I hope there are still some staples to be found among the statements.

M&S= Marks and Spencer - but they have to be the right ones. They have pointless devisions of in-house brands, most of them are mediocre. Go for M&S Collection (basics/workwear - cotton/2% elastane cropped trousers were great and I bought navy and black). Autograph (their premium range) and Best of British (made in the UK) are usually good too - sometimes it's a joy to have machine washable clothes.

If you like/d AD (a label I also loved for years and years) I'd look at Helmut Lang and Joseph first

Yes, Gucci has been really interesting lately with 3D graphics on all the fabric. If I time LA to go this month, I should be able to be there when the majority of fall/ winter stuff comes in . I've noticed that in LA , more than other cities, the sales associates snag all the good stuff for their clients. From my experience, you really have to be a shark to find the best stuff in Beverly Hills.
Marks and Spencer sounds intreaguing. My favorite brand for a long time was Paul Harnden. He's very reclusive and only ships to two stores in the US but his garments are handmade in England. I have a lot of his jackets but his trousers don't work for me. I'm going to google Marks and Spencer right now. Thanks!

Reactions: papertiger
I love a great pair of trousers. For many years I bought trousers from Ann Demeuleemester but since she left the brand I haven't found a brand that is comparable, somewhat classic but with a little edge.
Trousers that are dressy are easy to find but trousers with a cool casual cut and casual fabric are more difficult.
What brand is your favorite?

I realize I'm late to the party but I recently found a brand called Nili Lotan in Barneys that had adorable casual trousers...

Reactions: callie1235