How to remove creases from improper storage

Miletmilet

Apr 22, 2016
Hi, i bought a preowned Palermo GM and neverfull GM monogram from the same person and both have creases due to improper storage. Apparently it was just stored in a cabinet with no bag stuffers or bag shapers for more than several years. With Michael Kors bag, we can do the trick of using a hair dryer inside the bag while straightening up the creases. Would that work for Louis Vuitton bags? Will it NOT damage the LV bag? Thanks!

Reactions: EricaD79
If the creases on the bags are like loose folds, maybe they might come out after stuffing the bag and with regular use. But if these are deeply pressed creases (something like crumpled or crushed canvas from careless storage in a small space), I'm sorry OP, but I'm doubtful if they'll smoothen out completely. :sad::confused1:
I wouldn't try the hairdryer. Wouldn't heat - even from the inside - damage the canvas coating?

There's a thread in the LV Clubhouse on LV Rescue Club. Maybe you can post your question there, too?

Hi, i bought a preowned Palermo GM and neverfull GM monogram from the same person and both have creases due to improper storage. Apparently it was just stored in a cabinet with no bag stuffers or bag shapers for more than several years. With Michael Kors bag, we can do the trick of using a hair dryer inside the bag while straightening up the creases. Would that work for Louis Vuitton bags? Will it NOT damage the LV bag? Thanks!
I wouldn't necessarily say this is improper storage. I see no harm in folding a bag while storing it, afterall, this is how you would receive a speedy when it is purchased directly from the boutique. Maybe this circles back to some of the reasons I love LV. Over the years, my bags have been bumped, dropped, folded, creased and even stuffed. I love that the canvas is durable enough to bounce back and still look amazing. I think if you stuff your bag and leave it in the sun you will find that it will great in no time. I hope it works for you. Enjoy your bag!

Reactions: sweetlikechocolate
My neverfull lost its crease after using it. I had stored it horribly and it had so much creasing. But it was meant to be be a foldable bag as well as I remember the SA showing me how to travel with it in my suitcase.