How you shorten the chain/straps thread!

These clips are the best - my SA just gifted me one today for my WOC - I was so afraid it wouldn't fit,
and in fact it's a bit of a squeeze but I love the outcome (was using a ribbon before, but these clips mean the chain doesn't move around as much)
View attachment 3160778

This is fantastic EuniqueD, congrats for being one of the lucky girls..may I ask if you got it in USA. If so, could you please share where? I would love to have a pair for my bags.

Ty[emoji4]

I have read about tying a ribbon, using rings, ect... to shorten the chain on Chanel bags but has anyone had the chain shorten by professionals? I think I read Chanel will not do it but would like to know if anyone had it done by pros and if they are happy with the result.

If Chanel do shorten chains, please let me know. thank you!

I would like to shorten the chains as well, but I worry about the resale value and also the fact that boutique may not accept the bag as they deem the bag as non- authentic once strap is shortened (in case I need the boutique to fix loose threads etc).

I would like to shorten the chains as well, but I worry about the resale value and also the fact that boutique may not accept the bag as they deem the bag as non- authentic once strap is shortened (in case I need the boutique to fix loose threads etc).

I agree, I think it will affect your resale value! But I can't imagine it can't be done.

Oh! you bring up a very good point sweetpea33 I had not thought of with needing repair later and it being a problem for Chanel.

I am going to Paris in October and will inquire about the ramification of shortening the chain (I am French) and post back what I find out.

Hi Everyone, I've been looking for a way to shorten the straps on the Boy bags just because I find they tend to swing around more than the Classic Flap. Probably due to the different design of the chains and bags itself.

Anyway, if you're interested, I'm just sharing a quick and simple mod that seems to work on how I shorten the straps in a blogpost here:
http://******/2aok62n

IMG_1470121397.914143.jpg

IMG_1470121380.733454.jpg

sorry if this has been asked before, but if you shorten the straps through the conventional ways (double strapping etc), do you find the chains just unraveling and falling out every time you open the bag? (assuming you're standing in line to pay for something)

I wanna know how did you get those clips too. I don't think they have that in Singapore..

hello, they don't have the clips in singapore as they don't carry it anymore. i recently just checked with a SA from NAC and she said they used to give it away with jumbo purchased but with the shorter chains now, they do not give the clip anymore.. hope this helps..

Friend got me clip in HK ended up costing $35 CAD. She didn't tell me how much in HKD. I thought that was kind of expensive. But maybe because they aren't selling it with a jumbo? She got it at the airport. But the boutique has them also.

Reactions: silliex
I definitely need one of these clips. Totally forgot to ask when I was in C on Saturday. I'm 5'3 and I find the jumbo strap too long. I have a bijoux jumbo caviar coming and I'm pretty sure that would be too long as well