Keep or return? Small canvas crack

ccbaggirl89

Mar 26, 2015
I could use your opinions, please. I always buy preloved and got this item, the pochette multicolor for $195, so a great price. I noticed near the d-ring that there is a hairline crack in the canvas. Any thoughts on whether to return this or keep it? I don't know much about cracks, except they are not repairable. But I wonder if it will still have a lot of life left before that crack worsens? thank you
IMG_4000.JPG IMG_4001.JPG

Personally I wouldn't keep anything with a crack in the canvas. When I buy preloved that's a deal breaker for me. Why? Well most of my items can be repaired by LV if necessary, up to 10 years sometimes more if parts are available giving it new life. When the canvas cracks LV won't touch it for any kind of repairs. Also looking at where the crack is, I don't think u should keep it- that area gets a lot of wear from the attached straps and it's just a matter of time before it cracks more. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Personally I wouldn't keep anything with a crack in the canvas. When I buy preloved that's a deal breaker for me. Why? Well most of my items can be repaired by LV if necessary, up to 10 years sometimes more if parts are available giving it new life. When the canvas cracks LV won't touch it for any kind of repairs. Also looking at where the crack is, I don't think u should keep it- that area gets a lot of wear from the attached straps and it's just a matter of time before it cracks more. Just my 2 cents.
+1

I would also be worried the crack will get worse over time.

Return it. I was in this same situation with a white MC piece and back it went. Cracked canvas not only can get worse overtime but also LV won't touch a bag with cracked canvas, even if the repair isn't canvas related.

Return. $195 is about average for that bag. I'm sure you can find another for the same price or no more than $250. I bought one 5 years ago for $200.

Granted all pochettes have the potential to do that, but you don't to start out with one already ripped.

It most likely won't tear or anything, because the crack is really in the vinyl-like coating on top of the fabric. The fabric itself will probably last a good while. However, if it would make you feel better having one without a crack, then I would say return it.

+1

I would also be worried the crack will get worse over time.

Return it.

Return it. I was in this same situation with a white MC piece and back it went. Cracked canvas not only can get worse overtime but also LV won't touch a bag with cracked canvas, even if the repair isn't canvas related.

return it

Agree with the others, return..it will probably get worse over time with use...

Return. $195 is about average for that bag. I'm sure you can find another for the same price or no more than $250. I bought one 5 years ago for $200.

Granted all pochettes have the potential to do that, but you don't to start out with one already ripped.

I would return the bag. It's not a huge problem, but if you have the opportunity to do it, then go for it.

I would personally return it. Cracks will only worsen over time and with use.

It most likely won't tear or anything, because the crack is really in the vinyl-like coating on top of the fabric. The fabric itself will probably last a good while. However, if it would make you feel better having one without a crack, then I would say return it.

Return it

thank you so much for the replies. i took your advice and returned it, and shall find another one