Dooney Sample Sale

MaryBel

O.G.
Dec 3, 2012
Hi GFs,
I know some of us went to the sample sales and thought it will be interesting to talk about the styles we saw and also post pics of the goodies we got.

So I'll go first. I was in CA when the sale started and unfortunately was not able to go the first day, so I ended up going only in the afternoon of the second day.

They had 4 tables of samples, but I think a lot of them were either leftover older style bags and maybe some were the original samples for collections already released. I only saw a few that I had not seen before but I don't know if they were new or older styles.

Let me see if I remember what I saw:
Table 1:
Florentine Logan in t-moro
Montecito Liliana in Bone
Saffiano zip zip in orange
Ostrich zip zip in gray/black trim
Ostrich drawstring in gray/gray trim
Lexington totes in pebbled leather
Siena DS
Patent tote in caramel (this one I had not seen before)
Roxy in yellow (I think the color is called butter)
Claremont DS in red
Claremont Olivia in coral? I forgot the color, it was kind or orange, red.
Saffiano Syndey in black (without the strap)
Daffodil DS in white
City small barlow in light gray
City small barlow in charcoal

Table 2:
Tartan zip zip (like the one from Macy's, which I have)
Hearts zip sip (also from Macy's)
A few Carley bags
Signature zipper tassel shoulder bag (this one is an old style)
Some other siggy pieces
Nylon small leighton tote in navy
Somerset mini zip zip in blue
Nylon crossbody in gray
A yellow DS, with a wider trim with some kind of perforations on it.

Table 3:
Florentine Clayton in red
Florentine Domed buckle satchel in gray
Florentine small satchel in crimson or bordeaux
Florentine pocket satchel (the one with one pocket in the front) in marine or navy
Florentine small satchel in small
Seville Hobo in sage or green
Seville Callie Zipper hobo in navy
Amazon tote in light blue
Large Roxy in yellow (I think the color is called butter)

Table 4:
Claremont tote in lavender
Croco large barlow in red
Croco large barlow in t-moro
Woven large barlow in blue
Ostrich Tara or Jennie (blue in one side, natural in the back)
Python DS in brown

Small display with crossbody bags:
Florentine Cristina in black
Verona Bionda in burgundy
Cristina in charcoal croco/dark brown trim
Saffiano Lexi in turquoise
Claremont field bag in orange
Lulu small fiona in blue
Mini zip zip in gray snake
Mini zip zip in black pebbled leather
Lexi in houndstooth

So as you can see there was a lot to chose from. I ended up with:
Lulu small fiona in blue

Here are the pics:

SmallDSC03240WM.jpg SmallDSC03238WM.jpg SmallDSC03237WM.jpg SmallDSC03242WM.jpg SmallDSC03245WM.jpg SmallDSC03244WM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RuedeNesle
Then on Monday I went to my local store to get 1 and ended up getting way more. My store didn't have as many ad the store in CA, well, I didn't see all they got since some stuff was already gone since the sale started but the manager told me that they didn't get any florentines and Roxies.

They had a Dixon in python (black and white)
Claremont python domed satchel in purple
Dover tote in a new embossing, in t-moro
Large croco barlow in green
a few pebbled zip zips
a few siganture pieces
Patent Dover totes
Fairfield Champsac in black fabric (this is an old style, I want to say from 2010 maybe?)
Some lexington totes in pebbled leather
I don't remember anything else.

And I got:
Dover tote in a new embossing, in t-moro (love the camo inside)
Champsac in black fabric (Could not resist this one)

Here are the pics:

SmallDSC03248WM.jpg SmallDSC03250WM.jpg SmallDSC03255WM.jpg SmallDSC03252WM.jpg

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Then on Monday I went to my local store to get 1 and ended up getting way more. My store didn't have as many ad the store in CA, well, I didn't see all they got since some stuff was already gone since the sale started but the manager told me that they didn't get any florentines and Roxies.

a few pebbled zip zips
a few siganture pieces
Patent Dover totes
Fairfield Champsac in black fabric (this is an old style, I want to say from 2010 maybe?)

And I got:

Here are the pics:

View attachment 3415240 View attachment 3415241 View attachment 3415242 View attachment 3415244
Very nice bags. The duck one at the end is nice. Is that a metal or leather duck on front?

MB: You bought some lovely handbags. I love all the Barlows and the Flos, of course. I have some handbags from the Fairfield collection, from years ago. At the time, there was a concern about the tortoise duck falling off..... I used a little crazy glue around the outside of the duck, just to reinforce the glue. Never had a problem.

I almost bought the emerald green large Barlow a few weeks ago, but tried to show some restraint, since I had been buying so many handbags. But that emerald green is beautiful. Enjoy all your new handbags. You did us proud.

MB: You bought some lovely handbags. I love all the Barlows and the Flos, of course. I have some handbags from the Fairfield collection, from years ago. At the time, there was a concern about the tortoise duck falling off..... I used a little crazy glue around the outside of the duck, just to reinforce the glue. Never had a problem.

I almost bought the emerald green large Barlow a few weeks ago, but tried to show some restraint, since I had been buying so many handbags. But that emerald green is beautiful. Enjoy all your new handbags. You did us proud.
Thanks GF!
I have 2 champosas, a large one in black and a small one in yellow. I have only used them a few times and never had an issue with the duck falling off but I've seen pics on ebay of some of them without it. I was just thinking I need to do the crazy glue to add extra security!

I was tempted to buy the croco barlow from ILD but since I was going to be away, I didn't want my package staying outside, so I passed and then it was gone, so I was happy to get this one, even though the green is a true sample, it doesn't have any of the pockets in the lining and it has the sample stamp in the lining. Ah, and it came with a shorter strap. I don't care. The red one is perfect.

Another awesome haul from our resident "Pursefessional". I am partial to the croc bags. Love them! That Dover Tote is intriguing. I have seen that croc pattern in a different color on a bag on eBay. It was referred to as a Luritote, for what it's worth. I also like that grey duck fabric. Would love to see that on a tote with the back trim. They probably already did that years ago for all I know. Thanks for the eye candy post GF!

Another awesome haul from our resident "Pursefessional". I am partial to the croc bags. Love them! That Dover Tote is intriguing. I have seen that croc pattern in a different color on a bag on eBay. It was referred to as a Luritote, for what it's worth. I also like that grey duck fabric. Would love to see that on a tote with the back trim. They probably already did that years ago for all I know. Thanks for the eye candy post GF!

Thanks GF!
Me too, I love exotics, so any kind of embossing (ostrich, lizard, croco, or animal prints) reels me in real quick!
I had seen it too but I don't remember but yep, that name rings a bell! I think we even briefly discuss it here, but don't remember if it was a new style or one of those exclusives.
The only one they did would be the Champtote (that was the name of the style). I just did a google search and found this one:
s_55949c28e1d65f2cf700040c.jpg

Hi GFs,
I know some of us went to the sample sales and thought it will be interesting to talk about the styles we saw and also post pics......

BTW GF, I must applaud your note taking efforts or memory for jotting down everything you saw. Very impressive! That did not even cross my mind and I was waiting for the store to open that day. I had spotted a small python Barlow in the ivy color. Walked around with it for a bit then saw that the scales were damaged so back to the table it went. Same for a damaged grey python Barlow with a hole in it. I wish I had seen something that really grabbed me. There were a couple possibilities, but it would be buying for the sake of buying and I am trying to be more mindful of purchases. Space is at a premium in the closets so a bag has to be a stunner to get in there at this point. I did see a pretty Elisa with dark trim and teal croc. Very nice looking but small bag and not a fan of that style. Nothing spoke to me. Such a bummer.

Hi GFs,
I know some of us went to the sample sales and thought it will be interesting to talk about the styles we saw and also post pics of the goodies we got.

So I'll go first. I was in CA when the sale started and unfortunately was not able to go the first day, so I ended up going only in the afternoon of the second day.

They had 4 tables of samples, but I think a lot of them were either leftover older style bags and maybe some were the original samples for collections already released. I only saw a few that I had not seen before but I don't know if they were new or older styles.

Let me see if I remember what I saw:
Table 1:
Florentine Logan in t-moro
Montecito Liliana in Bone
Saffiano zip zip in orange
Ostrich zip zip in gray/black trim
Ostrich drawstring in gray/gray trim
Lexington totes in pebbled leather
Siena DS
Patent tote in caramel (this one I had not seen before)
Claremont DS in red
Claremont Olivia in coral? I forgot the color, it was kind or orange, red.
Saffiano Syndey in black (without the strap)
Daffodil DS in white
City small barlow in light gray

Table 2:
Tartan zip zip (like the one from Macy's, which I have)
Hearts zip sip (also from Macy's)
A few Carley bags
Signature zipper tassel shoulder bag (this one is an old style)
Some other siggy pieces
Nylon small leighton tote in navy
Somerset mini zip zip in blue
Nylon crossbody in gray
A yellow DS, with a wider trim with some kind of perforations on it.

Table 3:
Florentine Clayton in red
Florentine Domed buckle satchel in gray
Florentine small satchel in crimson or bordeaux
Florentine pocket satchel (the one with one pocket in the front) in marine or navy
Florentine small satchel in small
Seville Hobo in sage or green
Seville Callie Zipper hobo in navy
Amazon tote in light blue
Large Roxy in yellow (I think the color is called butter)

Table 4:
Claremont tote in lavender
Croco large barlow in t-moro
Woven large barlow in blue
Ostrich Tara or Jennie (blue in one side, natural in the back)
Python DS in brown

Small display with crossbody bags:
Cristina in charcoal croco/dark brown trim
Saffiano Lexi in turquoise
Lulu small fiona in blue
Mini zip zip in gray snake
Mini zip zip in black pebbled leather
Lexi in houndstooth

So as you can see there was a lot to chose from. I ended up with:
Lulu small fiona in blue

Here are the pics:

View attachment 3415216 View attachment 3415217 View attachment 3415218 View attachment 3415219 View attachment 3415220 View attachment 3415221

a few pebbled zip zips
a few siganture pieces
Patent Dover totes

And I got:

Here are the pics:

View attachment 3415240 View attachment 3415241 View attachment 3415242 View attachment 3415244

Nice haul MB!! I also have to say your memory is on point! No wonder they have you doing the work of several people! I love that croco Dover. That is so interesting and beautiful. The Roxy is still on my wish list. I've been waiting for them to get to the outlets so I can test out the different sizes. It's such a cool bag. Enjoy all of your new loot and thanks for sharing all of that info. [emoji4]