White vs. Beige Flap?

rhm

May 3, 2014
Hi all,

I posted in the Hermes forum about being offered a 25cm craie (chalk-like-beige color) kelly bag with gold hardware.
But i realized that this particular offer is really not for me so decided to let this go.

I have decided to steer gear back to Chanel and complete my Chanel collection with this final purchase.
My choice is either the new upcoming white caviar m/l flap with ghw or the current beige m/l flap with ghw.

My bag collection comprises of the following colors: black/grey/brown/blue/red (All Chanel and Hermes)

I have been wanting to add a bright neutral such as white or beige but never got around to it because I have been collecting the above bags.

I would greatly appreciate help from current owners of theses colors.
Please help!

is both an option??? [emoji6] lol I have both (white with silver and beige with gold) and thinking about letting the beige go. So if only one I would say the white! So crisp and not just for spring/summer anymore! Looks amazing during the drab winter months [emoji1]

Reactions: traumamama
I have been leaning towards the white flap as well but I really want silver hardware with white flap....
I'm gonna have to see what kind of white this bag is. Hopefully its not a tacky white shade that looks like toothpaste.

Hi all,

I posted in the Hermes forum about being offered a 25cm craie (chalk-like-beige color) kelly bag with gold hardware.
But i realized that this particular offer is really not for me so decided to let this go.

I have decided to steer gear back to Chanel and complete my Chanel collection with this final purchase.
My choice is either the new upcoming white caviar m/l flap with ghw or the current beige m/l flap with ghw.

My bag collection comprises of the following colors: black/grey/brown/blue/red (All Chanel and Hermes)

I have been wanting to add a bright neutral such as white or beige but never got around to it because I have been collecting the above bags.

I would greatly appreciate help from current owners of theses colors.
Please help!
White flao with ghw is so beautiful, pls get it [emoji173]

White is stunning , I had this combination but sold it & got the beige which I love just as much & more durable. I hated the thought of the lovely white stitching going grey & off colour which it did , but not many people noticed but it was obvious to me on the crisp white leather .

I vote for White. I bought both back in the 2008 - 2010 era (think single flap). I held onto the Beige for many years, and finally sold it. It just didn't work with my wardrobe. Actually, that's the real question. Take a hard look at your wardrobe palette. That might help with your decision! Good luck. :smile:

Reactions: Doodles78
Beige! I had both flap in jumbo and sold my white jumbo cause color transfer is a mean issue. You have to extra careful when u carry white flap and beige goes as many outfit as white does.

I would do beige. I have a beige and before I had a bright white which picked up color transfer. While I was able to get most of the color transfer off, I could still see a very slight shadow which if it were beige, the slight shadow wouldn't have shown.

image.jpg Maybe a visual will help. My white jumbo was purchased in 2011 and beige in 2012. No discoloration/yellowing of the white at all. I did get denim transfer on the back side of my beige but I was able to remove it completely and so it still looks pristine. My opinion is the white makes a much bigger statement than the beige, even though I use the beige more lol. Even with the ghw, I feel the beige comes across more casual in comparison to the white.