Saffiano Cuir straps

BRN5

Jun 22, 2016
I recently purchased a Saffiano Cuir medium bag from eBay. It's new and I received the dust bag and all the cards with it. What I noticed when I received it is that the straps are able to move up and down (picture attached) whereas most that I looked at had "fixed" handles. Obviously it didn't stand out to me too much because I overlooked it and I still love it but I just wondered if anybody knows what the difference in the different bags are?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 547
Hey, I have bought this bag as well last year and I found it really beautiful and outstanding, I love it so much.
But I'm only 156cm tall and the original length for the strap seems too long for me, so I have shortened the strap and it's FOC!
Recently they have come out for smaller side I felt that is more suitable to me.

128477480.jpg

I recently purchased a Saffiano Cuir medium bag from eBay. It's new and I received the dust bag and all the cards with it. What I noticed when I received it is that the straps are able to move up and down (picture attached) whereas most that I looked at had "fixed" handles. Obviously it didn't stand out to me too much because I overlooked it and I still love it but I just wondered if anybody knows what the difference in the different bags are?
You should get this bag authenticated. Even with the single photo, there are things that don't look authentic.

Hey, I have bought this bag as well last year and I found it really beautiful and outstanding, I love it so much.
But I'm only 156cm tall and the original length for the strap seems too long for me, so I have shortened the strap and it's FOC!
Recently they have come out for smaller side I felt that is more suitable to me.

View attachment 3391460
Hi, can I ask how you shortened the strap? I am 153 myself and have the same problem with this bag!

Good to know, but it seems so long :sad:

Know that this thread is a bit old, but just wanted to add my experience.

I took my double cuir tote and promenade bag to the Prada Soho store in NY to have the straps shortened. I was able to get both done in store that day. The whole process was very quick and only took 30 mins or so. Granted this store is not super busy like their 5th Ave locations. And I was lucky that they had someone on site who was able to do the alterations.

As others mentioned, they cut the leather to your desired length and then reattach to the hardware. But I'm sure they can just add another hole too if you don't need it shorted too much.